Super Contributor

Re: shocked at prices at the drugstore for Olay

Costco carries a lot of Olay products at a better price than CVS.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think if you can get it buy one get one 50% off at ulta and combine it with a 20% you could get a super deal. I just ordered my Paul Mitchell and chi hair products and got a great deal at buy two get one free with a 20% off total purchase. It’s a great time to stock up.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the buy one get one 50% off sales.  I don't always want to buy 2.  PLUS, you can't use their coupons when they have items on sale at CVS.  I used to buy from CVS when they had one item 50% off.  They've not had that in years.  I just go to Walmart as it's cheaper there.  Target is also expensive.

I don't use much Lancome skincare as everything is so highly fragranced.  I do like their La Vie est belle and some cosmetics.  I pass on the skin care.  I think boots may have fragrance too, but I'm not sure if everything does.  Ulta does often have sales on Olay.  I have bought there and used a $3.50 or 20% off coupon.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl I have tried the Regenerist Whipped and I like it. Soaks right in and my skin feels really soft after applying. I got it for about $22. It's on sale at Walgreens and they have an added sale through Saturday if you spend $50 that's good on everything including sale stuff. Also they have a 5 dollar off coupon so a pretty good price. Since you can take the extra sale on the entire website I just stocked up on stuff to hit the minimum.

Valued Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I think it's mostly over priced goop at this point.  I don't like the smell of any of the products. I would rather buy LANCOME'S  cheapest line. It works for me and lasts a very long time making it more economical than olay in the end. I mix it up with Boots No7 and cerave. Very economical.

What is 'Lancome's cheapest line?'

Valued Contributor

@mistyada wrote:

Costco carries a lot of Olay products at a better price than CVS.

Just about any store can beat CVS prices!  Have a store close by, but I seldom shop there because of their high prices!  Their cashiers are usually not helpful or friendly.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well as it turns out a couple of days ago I bought another L'Oreal product I spotted at BJ's and it was $24.99 for 2 jars which was if I remember correctly about $10 less than the 2 pack of regenerist they had. Don't know what possesed me but decided to try it. It's called Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Day Cream. It has a bit of sunscreen in it at SPF 18. So far I'm liking it, it's a little oilier than the regenerist but I'm okay with that now with the heat on and the air so dry in the house. I just give it a little time before putting my foundation on. Yesterday I slathered too much on and had to dab lightly w/a tissue first.

Honored Contributor

We applied for a Rite Aid Card... 20% off everything not on sale except RXs. Had it for many years. Comes in handy for mascaras, toothpaste, etc. Many times prices rival Target and saves me a 20 minute trip.