Trusted Contributor

Re: shocked at prices at the drugstore for Olay

@shaggygirl wrote:

For quite a few years I've been using the Olay micro-sculpting cream but once this one is gone that's it for me. Not just the ridiculous price that I'm tired of paying but the last 2 jars have somehow seemed different than before. Something about the texture, it's thicker I think and seems like it doesn't absorb like it used to. A few times I've found that if I rub my face later residue of it pills off my face if that makes sense. Didn't used to do that. So I've tried the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream on my face a few times over the past couple of weeks and that seems to do a nice job of moisturizing, think I'll stick with that for awhile and see how it goes once this jar of Olay is gone which won't be long.

@shaggygirl I had this problem with the Regenerist in the red jar myself. I was disappointed since I've always heard good things about it. I might try the whipped version if I can get a sale on it. I've used the regular Total Effects for years as my morning moisurizer but I'd like to use something different at night.

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

For quite a few years I've been using the Olay micro-sculpting cream but once this one is gone that's it for me. Not just the ridiculous price that I'm tired of paying but the last 2 jars have somehow seemed different than before. Something about the texture, it's thicker I think and seems like it doesn't absorb like it used to. A few times I've found that if I rub my face later residue of it pills off my face if that makes sense. Didn't used to do that. So I've tried the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream on my face a few times over the past couple of weeks and that seems to do a nice job of moisturizing, think I'll stick with that for awhile and see how it goes once this jar of Olay is gone which won't be long.

@shaggygirl I had this problem with the Regenerist in the red jar myself. I was disappointed since I've always heard good things about it. I might try the whipped version if I can get a sale on it. I've used the regular Total Effects for years as my morning moisurizer but I'd like to use something different at night.

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Ohh I didn't know there was a whipped version. They have soooo many different products in the line now that it's confusing so I just grab this and go. I just can't put my finger on exactly what seems to have made the feeling of it different. In addition to it seeming to sit on the skin more rather than soaking in and the pilling it doesn't spread as easily as it used to. In any case I'll looked for the whipped version and depending on the price might try it, thanks for that info. Oh and also, I never thought it actually did much for the facial lines, doesn't help prevent them nor blur them or anything of that sort. What I did like is that it spread easily, absorbed quickly, erased any dry feeling and made for a smooth makeup application.

Honored Contributor

I notice that Sam's Club has Olay Regeneriste at a reduced price several times a year. And it is like $5-7 cheaper. So I checked it out onetime. I was shocked at the price. So I never bought it.

Wonder why the price seems so high.

Honored Contributor

I use and like my Olay products. I find them a few dollars cheaper at Target or Walmart. When my Rite Aid has buy one get one 50% off I always take advantage of that. I find CVS & Walgreens too expensive - rarely go in either store anymore for anything.

Respected Contributor

@CRAZYCATLADY wrote:

BJ's Wholesale has Olay Regenerist Night Cream for $39.00 (2 pk of 1.7 oz jars) fragrance free.  There is a $5.00 off in their coupon brochure.  I'll be getting mine this afternoonSmiley Happy

this is where I always pick up my Olay. I watch for their $5 coupons than get one package(2 in a package) and pay for 2 not much more(about $3) than I would pay for one anyplace else. I use the Regenerist serum and the night time regenerist cream in the red jar. I use the serum for day time and the red jar for night time. This routine has worked very well for me. I am older with very dry mature skin but this is great.

I know stores like Walmart and Target as well as others have their own version of Olay but I don't know anyone that has tried     the dupes.

Super Contributor

I was surprised also.  I use the daily moisturizer frequently and it lasts me awhile. I replaced it last week and had sticker shock.  I like Neutrgena too.  It is derm recommended

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

It's nuts isn't it?  I can buy First Aid Beauty for the same and get a much higher quality product.  Clinique is also a great choice.

FAB is the best!

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

CVS has gotten outrageous. The price for these on the Olay website is $29 and CVS had them on their website for $37. Looks like most stores are selling them for $28 or so.

I rarely buy from CVS or Walgreens.  The prices are absurd!  I agree--$40 for OLAY is totally ridiculous.  I only buy if I get it on sale with coupons.  I don't like paying much more than $21.99.  Walmart is cheaper, but it's still high anymore for OLAY. 

I think with all the good reviews, they've raised the prices.  Plus, they advertise a lot. We are paying for that. too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I think it's mostly over priced goop at this point.  I don't like the smell of any of the products. I would rather buy LANCOME'S  cheapest line. It works for me and lasts a very long time making it more economical than olay in the end. I mix it up with Boots No7 and cerave. Very economical.