Esteemed Contributor

Re: shocked at prices at the drugstore for Olay

For quite a few years I've been using the Olay micro-sculpting cream but once this one is gone that's it for me. Not just the ridiculous price that I'm tired of paying but the last 2 jars have somehow seemed different than before. Something about the texture, it's thicker I think and seems like it doesn't absorb like it used to. A few times I've found that if I rub my face later residue of it pills off my face if that makes sense. Didn't used to do that. So I've tried the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream on my face a few times over the past couple of weeks and that seems to do a nice job of moisturizing, think I'll stick with that for awhile and see how it goes once this jar of Olay is gone which won't be long.

Honored Contributor

CVS is my preferred drug store, but I don't buy unless there is a sale and I have a coupon.

Respected Contributor

My Bed Bath Beyond carries all kinds of cosmetics and most other personal care items. You can use a 20 percent coupon. 

Trusted Contributor

I’ve been using Olay products for almost 40 years. Now using the Regenerist line. I was shocked at how much the prices have jumped but I always get compliments on my skin so I guess it’s the price I have to pay. I did find this week in Walgreens they have a buy one get one 1/2 off sale. I usually get mine at Walmart. 

Honored Contributor

@donna71   CVS prices are higher than anyone else.  Try shopping at Walmart or Target.  However, I do agree that prices are going up and yes, for what you paid, I look at Origins or Aveda.  Cat Very Happy  P.S.  I had an allergic reaction to Olay so after that it is a definite no for me. Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Yup Olay wants to be a high end drug store line and for the last 10 years or so they have had noticeable price increases at least once a year. So what has this done? It's made Olay one of the skin care lines that is now locked behind glass cases because people will shoplift this line. It's crazy! Who wants to buy a drugstore line of skin care that you have to jump through hoops to try it out?

It's not like Olay has made their whole skin care line fragrance free either so some of the products I dislike due to the fragrance in them. They do nothing for me either.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm shocked at most prices of most every thing!

Not too in-the-distant past when I was playing around w/ Olay, I was getting Regenerist (which I found perfectly acceptable) at Wegman's, who always carries a sale price of $19.95.

So, yes, try some other places for your Olay purchase.

p.s. Olay does have fragrance-free. That's what I was using.

Honored Contributor

I agree! I was looking just a couple days ago thinking I might try one of their newer formulas.  HA --- wowee --- I was seeing sticker shock.  

And yes, the one poster wrote that so many of their products have fragrance!!!  Why????  This is an instant --- NO -- from me.  I don't see why it is necessary to do this.  Many, many women cannot abide fragrance in their facial products or even want them.  So, they are just losing customers doing this.  

I have been buying Boots products for years.  And they are going up a lot, too.

Of course, I guess most things are now.

I remember going to the drug store and getting such great prices.  And sales -- it was like 50%.  Now, you have to buy 1 at regular price and then get 50% off!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

BJ's Wholesale has Olay Regenerist Night Cream for $39.00 (2 pk of 1.7 oz jars) fragrance free.  There is a $5.00 off in their coupon brochure.  I'll be getting mine this afteroonSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

CVS prices are always too high for make and skin care and their sales are now b1 get 1/2 off which isn't really a sale.  Years ago they would have a normal sale discount off 1 item 

I get my stuff and have for years at Harmon which is now part of BBB lowest prices and coupons ! 

Selection not as wide but the best place to go.