Occasional Contributor

$$ shipping on 2 eyeliners!!

Wow! Guess that I need to pay better attention to shipping charges. Just opened a very small envelope with 2 skinny lightweight eyeliners. The shipping charge was $7! Sheesh! No wonder QVC has lost so many customers to other retailers! Going to need to carefully check next time! Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $$ shipping on 2 eyeliners!!

$3.50 for each eyeliner even when mailed in one envelope.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand. Why would the shipping charge be such a surprise. Every item listed on Q's website, and on air, clearly shows the shipping charge for each one.

Honored Contributor

@Gina PJ  Nordstrom is free shpg. plus you can select up to 3 samples.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

these types of items are better to wait for free shipping OR look and see if they have a bundled special.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The exact thing happened to me.  I started going to the vendor's web site.  Life is better. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@kivah wrote:

$3.50 for each eyeliner even when mailed in one envelope.

I understand.  BB has 20% all products and I missed the day of free shipping on BB.   I wanted 3 more items but $10.50 shipping S&H defeats the advantage of 20% off.  So that leaves Nordstrom with impeccable CS and free shipping and points added my Nordy Club.

Regular Contributor

Agree!  QVC very antiquated in the market since they still charge s&h AND for each item. I can see if we had to pay for return shipping but need o stop charging up front.  When they offer "free" shipping if you keep an eye on items - most often prices go up from day before. If the product is something sold somewhere else you can either get for same price or less than QVC.  Even if QVC takes a few dollars off - after s&h same as other retailers (or a few cents less).  Can't believe they have not modernized...over time going to lose more &more customers to other retailers. If sold on Amazon - I buy from there (where both initial shipping & return shipping is FREE.

Trusted Contributor

I always check ebay before ever paying shipping. I honestly don't understand when they say buy multiples. All I can think is you expect me to pay shipping on each one? No thanks. That policy needs to change but I guess as long as people keep buying it won't.