Regular Contributor

shawns new beauty show starting this week

has anyone seen the ad for her new show.....she takes off her makeup and lashes in the ad......my first thought was how is this different than many other brands where makeup is removed? It did get my attention though lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: shawns new beauty show starting this week

Most things just don't bother me; but.....watching models or host remove their makeup on TV does for some unexplained reason.  IT does it all the time and I just change the channel as soon as it (starts) to happen.  That demo really bugs me.  It proves nothing  - it sells me less.

Honored Contributor

I like it when the remove makeup and start with a fresh face. It does no good to watch makeup applied to already made up faces. 

Occasional Contributor

Starting a show with no makeup is NOT new or original.  Elise, Courtney, Sandra and others did it on Beauty IQ before the QVC mgmt killed that channel under the guise of Q3.

Please do NOT give Shawn credit for this idea.   I would rather they bring back Sandra and Alberti.  At least One night where Shawn or David aren't pushing themselves or being rude to vendors that aren't their friends.

Honored Contributor

@QVCShopperExtraordinaire wrote:

Starting a show with no makeup is NOT new or original.  Elise, Courtney, Sandra and others did it on Beauty IQ before the QVC mgmt killed that channel under the guise of Q3.

Please do NOT give Shawn credit for this idea.   I would rather they bring back Sandra and Alberti.  At least One night where Shawn or David aren't pushing themselves or being rude to vendors that aren't their friends.

I don’t think she is. 

Super Contributor

Who remembers Stacey Schieffelin who use to be on QVC now she is on HSN with her make-up line. She started this a long time ago starting the show without make-up and hair in curlers she would show you how to put on the make every step of the way and by the end of the show face full of make-up and she took out her curlers. Shawn should know this is not new , already been done. Stacey still doing it on HSN....
Regular Contributor

You're right......it has been done. As Laurie felt said on her last visit......Shawn is qvc's top seller. I don't think it was appropriate for her to say on air.... But she did. Qvc is obviously trying to give her top seller status. Its all about sales.
Honored Contributor

@erichu wrote:
You're right......it has been done. As Laurie felt said on her last visit......Shawn is qvc's top seller. I don't think it was appropriate for her to say on air.... But she did. Qvc is obviously trying to give her top seller status. Its all about sales.

@erichu  In what context did Laurie Felt say that Shawn was QVC’s top seller?  I don’t believe that to be true.  In a NY Times article it was definitely alluded to that David Venable is QVC’s top seller.  In addition, if Shawn was indeed the top seller, she’d still have the PM Style show.

Perhaps Shawn sells more “Laurie Felt jeans” than any other host.    I’ve seen Shawn over-excited with anyone with a Hollywood or celebrity connection, so I would totally believe that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper  -  I'm wondering about the top seller comment myself.  I'm guessing LF was stating this in a complimentary opinion-only way and not as factual.  If she was indeed top seller, why remove her from the PMS show if it was working so well?

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I like it when the remove makeup and start with a fresh face. It does no good to watch makeup applied to already made up faces. 

@GenXmuse You're absolutely right! Laura Geller does this all the time. Her models (mostly teens, maybe early 20s) already have a face full of makeup. They just pretend to apply and, voila! their makeup is perfect! Smiley Very Happy  A while back I ordered her eyeshadow palette of beautiful colors, but they had no pigment. 

I'm sure LG does her own makeup and she always looks gorgeous from head to toe. 

F/N/A luvstogarden