Honored Contributor

Re: shawns new beauty show starting this week

I’m doubting whether SK will remove and reapply her makeup for each vendor’s demo during a 1-2 hr. show. 

It’s more likely that the ad is a “come on” to get viewers for the new show.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the makeup removal demos either, especially the Philosophy Purity one.  It seems they scrub so hard their eyes must be burning.  Personally I'm much more gentle, especially on the eyes.  Cataract surgery makes me aware I shouldn't be rubbing them.

Honored Contributor

IMO on any make-up demo, the models should come out fresh faced and apply what is being presented.  I don't understand the point of them coming out totally made up and then faking applying powder, eyeshadow, etc. on their already made up face.

I really do not get why on all the IT Cosmetics shows, they come out made up, rub off one side of their make-up and then reapply it again.  

This show may be interesting.  Shawn seems pretty much up for anything.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

It will not be anything NEW.  Same old boring lines that they repeat to death. Big Deal.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I don't like the makeup removal demos either, especially the Philosophy Purity one.  It seems they scrub so hard their eyes must be burning.  Personally I'm much more gentle, especially on the eyes.  Cataract surgery makes me aware I shouldn't be rubbing them.

@depglass I cringe when I see the purity demos it looks downright painful.😳

Super Contributor

It might be a new show, but it will be the same old stuff featured.

Regular Contributor

Laurie felt was telling the story of when she first met Shawn. She was nervous because Shawn said she didn't wear jeans. Laurie said omg they're giving me their top seller to meet with and she doesn't like jeans?? I remember it clearly.
Trusted Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

@depglass wrote:

@depglass I cringe when I see the purity demos it looks downright painful.😳

The scrubbing of the eyelashes between the thumbs and forefingers is the worst!

purity eye scrub.gif

Honored Contributor

What's the saying? "if you don't succeed try & try again.  How many different hosts having their own beauty shows have done this?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If you have to scrub and tug to get the makeup off, it’s a pretty bad cleanser to begin with.