Respected Contributor

shampoo conditioner to use after salon Keratin treatment?

Hi all,

I had a keratin treatment last week!

I don't think I love the shampoo and conditioner that the salon gave me to use ((keratincare Keratin complex smoothing).  I don't think I need all that smoothing AFTER the treatment.  My hair is a bit flatter than I'd like it and I feel like this coats it a little.  Anyway, I am sure I can do better.

Can you help?

What is your favorite shampoo and conditioner that you've used after having a salon keratin treatment???

All suggestions greatly appreciated .....

P

Respected Contributor

Re: shampoo conditioner to use after salon Keratin treatment?

I never had a heritan treatment but ION keratin products at sallys beauty advertises they prolong the treatment.  I Have the keritan oil and leave in mist and the shampoos. they are also sulfate free

Honored Contributor

It will be flat for a while, you need to look for a sulfate free shampoo ad you should be fine

@endlesssummer wrote:

Hi all,

I had a keratin treatment last week!

I don't think I love the shampoo and conditioner that the salon gave me to use ((keratincare Keratin complex smoothing).  I don't think I need all that smoothing AFTER the treatment.  My hair is a bit flatter than I'd like it and I feel like this coats it a little.  Anyway, I am sure I can do better.

Can you help?

What is your favorite shampoo and conditioner that you've used after having a salon keratin treatment???

All suggestions greatly appreciated .....

P

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, endlesssummer and welcome. Smiley Happy

I use Nick Chavez' Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner. That leaves my hair feeling very clean.

Another poster said that you may need to a sulfate-free shampoo, so Nick Chavez also makes something called Advanced Plump 'N Thick Shampoo and Conditioner. That's sulfate-free and paraben-free, hut I haven't used that, though.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Thanks for all that replied!  I really appreciate it.

I do realize that the hair is supposed to be flatter initially  and I am using a suflate free shampoo and conditioner that the salon gave to me.  They are SMOOTHING and I feel like it would be best at this point to not have a smoothing.  I feel like before I had my keratin I would have used these and it would have worked on my hair.

I have used Nick Chavez before in previous years, I think it was volumizing.  I'll have to check if it's sulfate free.  I will also check into the one from Sally Beauty.  Thank you for the suggestions!

If anyone who is reading this does have experience with having a keratin treatment and really liked or likes a particular shampoo and conditioner, I'd love to hear what you use.

Thanks again Smiley Happy