Respected Contributor

I have Sjogren's syndrome and Crohn's disease. When they flare, my skin and hair go crazy. Have hair under control but could use some help with skin. You don't need a medical condition to respond.

I have hair under control. But just washed m/u off and my skin on cheeks is red and hot. I already use LaRoche Posy cleanser and just used up their moisturizer. As soon as I can get to CVS I'll buy their special water spray. Until then I don't know what to put on face. I have L'Occitane shea butter, some moisturisers for sensitive skin that I use on my body. I sleep on a silk pillowcase.

I'd welcome any suggestions. I will be putting humidifiers on but this happened this summer when I was in the hospital.

Esteemed Contributor

You might consider trying dermatologist recommended Cera Ve or Cetaphil. They're both very mild. Some years ago I had a horrible breakout on my face from my Clarisonic - a dermatologist told me to stop using it and start using Cera Ve cleanser and moisturizer. I did that - everything cleared up, and I haven't stopped using it since then. It's very reasonably priced and is available at Walgreen's, Walmart, etc.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your response. I've tried both in the past and reacted to them. I'm trying to get a derm appointment (I need a skin check anyway.

I just some Aquaphor in my chest full of lotions and potions.

Were you able to use your Clarisonic again? I never attempted one.

Honored Contributor

I was going to suggest something like a cortisone cream or bacatrin

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I think I have a cortisone cream in med chest. Good idea. Bacitracin isn't applicable.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if this will work for you, but I use Elta MD foaming facial cleanser. I also use their moisturizer. I have very sensitive skin.

Super Contributor

I have super sensitive skin too. My derm said to never ever use cortisone on your face. Your derm can possibly give you an RX. Cera Ve sure has saved me from the "red hot" face. I had allergy testing by my derm and I was so allergic to one chemical that was sadly in almost everything I was using. Now I have to read every label for all cosmetics and shampoos, but it made a world of difference in my skin.

Respected Contributor

I also have skin 'flares' due to food allergies and intolerances.  It started in my 30's.  ughhhh!

~I have found a CeraVe non-foaming cleansers and CeraVe lotions to be saving grace.

~First Aid Beauty non-scented lotion/cream for my body.

~My emergency potion- Fresh Seaberry face oil (note I can NOT tolerate argan oil)

Respected Contributor

Side note:  My dietitian figured out that it is parsely and paprika that cause my severe dry eye syndrome.  If I avoid those 2 items my dry eyes are fine/normal.  I can wear contacts again!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: sensitive skin flare

[ Edited ]

@lavendarMarula oil is excellent for redness and sensitive skin.  I use Acure Organics Marula oil.  I also started recently using Josie's Argan Milk.  After I cleanse with the Leaflet, I use the Argan Milk and then place a drop of the Marula oil in my hands and rub together and pat on my face.  If you are extremely sensitive, I would just do the Marula oil and nothing or a night creme.   You may also want to try Cetaphil Gentle facial wash sold at the drugstore or Target.  In fact, I just picked it up. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength