Honored Contributor

Re: ?s about eye shadow/liner and concealer for brown eyes

THANK YOU ALL for your suggestions, guidance,  tips and tricks.  I appreciate you taking the time to write and help guide me. Smiley Happy 

I have an Ulta and Sephora near me. I never thought of going there to get color guidance. TY for suggesting that. 

Some of you brought out points I didn't think of .TY for thinking of them and guiding me through.

Laura Geller was the line that worked for me. I've been wearing the foundation and blush with no issues for a few weeks.  Finding it was a miracle, as the other lines, from cheap to expensive, wreaked havoc on my skin.  

The wedding is in about 2 months. We're very excited and love our new dil.  

I'll update you as I go along and after the big day! 

THANK YOU, again! Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Congrats!  What a happy time!

For eye colors, I'd use dove to medium gray and shell pink.

Try Physicians Formula products at drug stores.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@dmod nj  How exciting to have a wedding in your family. Concealer may be available in the same line as your foundation so you know you have no reactions to it. 

I would go easy on the eye makeup since you haven't worn it in decades. You always want to look  like yourself, espcially in photos. I'd choose a light rose tone w/ some shimmer (not sparkles) and dark brown/black liner...a very thin line next to the lashes. Waterproof mascara for potential tears. Eye makeup should be waterproof, too...a shadow stick for shadow would be my suggestion. Keep the eye look simple. If you wear blush (definitely do that for the wedding), choose a pink/rose shade and I'm sure the makeup artist will use a cream blush and set it w/ powder. Add a rosey lip...maybe a bit darker than you'd like...photgrapher's lighting will fade you out. 

I'd definitely contact the MUA and have a trial session so she has whatever you like and need in her kit. The last thing you need is itchy eyes with new products you've never worn.

Enjoy the wedding and a big smile is the best "makeup".

@dmod nj  - I second everything @Shanus says.  Congrats on the big day!  Enjoy it!

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations! I have very sensitive skin too. I rely on Almay tinted moisturizer in Light/Medium as my foundation (I have fair skin too with brown eyes and highlighted hair). I use Clinique cream blush in a tube (in a rose color) and it's wonderful. Either Almay or Clinique under eye concealer, and Laura Geller powder eye shadow in soft mauve colors. Laura's kajal liner is the best - I wouldn't be without it. Don't skip a bit of lip color - it will brighten your entire face! I agree with the others to get some assistance with the pros!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the kind wishes for our son's wedding. Smiley Happy I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the advice and guidance, I really appreciate it.

Everyone's been so kind, supportive and encouraging. You gave me some great ideas and the confidence to check them out.  I'm so glad I posted here. 

THANK YOU!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  Such a memorable and happy time!

You've gotten some good advice!   I suggest wearing false eyelashes.  I did when my son and daughter got married and was so happy I did because you will be crying, happy crying.  
They weren't over the top and looked so natural.  If my fingers weren't so chubby I would wear them now instead of mascara.

Just enjoy every minute because it goes too fast!   I'm just so happy and excited for all of you!💕