Frequent Contributor

Re: recommendations for skin care line

I would try NCN copper peptide, matrixl and volulift! I used Acure that KatCat talked about and it worked for awhile and for some reason wrinkles became more pronounced and I had some breakouts which I never get. I started reading some of the posts here about NCN products and have never had such great results with any skincare line! After about a month my lines have really softened, my skin has firmed up and I am 10 years older than you. I have only been using the copper peptide for a week and it is a miracle worker! Wish I had found NCN a few years ago! It maybe more expensive but it works and the products last because you need very little to do the job. Good luck in your search!

Respected Contributor

On 2/23/2014 smoochy said:

Tricolor, ah yes, the sun worshipping teens and twenties. We Baby Boomers had no clue what that was going to do to our skin in our sixties. Heck we never thought about being that "old". haha. thanks I'm going to take a look at the Skinn line of products.

I've used Purity cleanser for several years. Is it too drying? I thought it wasn't supposed to "strip" your skin. ??

Hi Smoochy, sorry I just saw your response. Purity is way too drying for me. I know that other people love it though. His PM cleanser is made with very good ingredients as is most of his products. Yes, we thought that the sun was good for us when we were young. Haha! Have a good one.

Regular Contributor

On 2/23/2014 KatCat1 said:

Skincare: I switched to acure organics - night cream which slightly firms the skins, smells wonderful with no synthetic fragrance. I also use the day cream and their Marula oil and the Line Eraser. Very, very happy with this line and prices are under $20.

Cosmetics: I now use Laura Mercier. Tinted Moisturizer, Hydrated Primer, Secret Concealer and Invisible Setting Loose Powder. My makeup takes less than 10 minutes in the morning. I use mascara, blush & lipstick too. Sometimes a nude eye shadow to open the eye area. Now I am a little older than you.

Hi KatCat1. I could not remember if it was you who suggested this line, but, I went to our local heath food store and started with this last week. I had started another Discussion about Animal Testing and was looking for a good natural skincare line. I will be 57 next month and this stuff is AWESOME!! My skin so far has NEVER looked better. My pores are shrinking! The night cream is the Bomb. I purchased the Cleanser, Toner, Scrub, and Line smoother. They gave me samples of the Night and Day cream. Have to wait for the shipment to come in. All 4 items I bought ran a total, with tax, $70.00. And very sizeable containers, will last quite sometime.

I got the Sensitive Cleanser, due to breakouts. I have been using a prescription gel for a year now and have had no issues. I have not used this gel since I started the line and so far, so good!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} So, maybe I can get away from the gel altogether. Thanks again for the recommendation. I realize as some have said, it's all about Trial and Error. But so far, this Trial has not been an Error!!

Super Contributor

Smoochy, I don't think a 'line' is the way to go. Most lines have some great/good products, some not so good. It's a matter of figuring out what ingredients work well for your skin. Manufacturers would love for you to use their whole line, but IMO it's not necessary. As someone said, mostly trial and error.

I wanted to comment on your use of BE minerals. If you search past posts, they don't work well in general for anyone with even the most minimal of fine wrinkles. I used to love it, looked in the mirror one day and that stuff had settled into lines I didn't even know I had! I'd stick with a tinted moisturizer or foundation if you need more coverage. Also (again my opinion) but I don't think you need an AHA/BHA and a scrub, that's too much exfoliation and can lead to irritation--treat your skin gently and use a good SPF even if there's one in your foundation. The SPF in foundation is not used liberally enough to protect you. Good luck in your search.

Contributor

I find that I switch lines every three years or so (Philosophy, Perricone, Dr. D). I've been using Isomers for some time and have lots of those little brown bottles to prove it. I got sick of every few months they would introduce the latest and greatest and I would add to my stash.

I started using Acure (scrub, cleansers, mask and eye cream) which have been on sale at Whole Foods and work well.

But, the last two weeks have used eye and day cream from Restorsea, which I ordered from the site with a special that basically included eye cream free with purchase of day cream. It was pricey but decided to give a try. You are supposed to use both twice a day and results after using for 12 weeks. So far so good for my skin (sensitive, dry, thin).

Contributor

My skin was starting to show signs of wrinkling and drying out but I watched Skinn Cosmetics in August and decided to try it, like you I did a whole host of different products but wasn't happy. I am a convert and my skincare is Skinn. I use Collegenisis system and Dermalift. My pre-makeup is Skinn Instafill for eyes and lips the Orcid gel. My HG makeup is Tarte. Love how my makeup applies over Skinn.