Trusted Contributor

I bought a pair of Giuliana Jeans last week and I love them but they are too small. Naturally they are sold out. Next time I will order two sizes and return the one I don't want. However, am I wrong to interpret free exchanges means they do not charge you to return one size and send you another? I was just told free exchanges means they get shipped for free to you but you still get charged for returning the first pair. Does that make sense?  It's a moot point because the are sold out. Just trying to figure out what free exchanges means to you.  

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I bought a pair of Giuliana Jeans last week and I love them but they are too small. Naturally they are sold out. Next time I will order two sizes and return the one I don't want. However, am I wrong to interpret free exchanges means they do not charge you to return one size and send you another? I was just told free exchanges means they get shipped for free to you but you still get charged for returning the first pair. Does that make sense?  It's a moot point because the are sold out. Just trying to figure out what free exchanges means to you.  

My understanding is that you are charged shipping on the initial purchase and that is never refunded unless the item is returned because it's damaged or defective.  If you exchange the item for the same thing in a different size or color, there is no charge - you and QVC are essentially in an equal swap.  If you return an item just because you didn't like it or changed your mind, the return shipping is deducted from your refund.  I've done the buy two sizes thing before myself.  Returning the unwanted item costs me the return shipping, so that's something to factor in on the front end as the one you keep actually has two shipping fees in the end cost.  Make sense?

Honored Contributor

I don't buy a whole lot of stuff from the Q but when I do I use PayPal at checkout and that way I can return any item and get a refund of that return shipping from PP. Just need to activate the PP free return shipping service to get your return shipping money back.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

My understanding is that you are charged shipping on the initial purchase and that is never refunded unless the item is returned because it's damaged or defective.  If you exchange the item for the same thing in a different size or color, there is no charge - you and QVC are essentially in an equal swap.  If you return an item just because you didn't like it or changed your mind, the return shipping is deducted from your refund.  I've done the buy two sizes thing before myself.  Returning the unwanted item costs me the return shipping, so that's something to factor in on the front end as the one you keep actually has two shipping fees in the end cost.  Make sense?

Confusing. I assume you swap out size or color for free. Not what they said. Again doesn’t matter but I will just order two sizes going forward. Also do you get jeans that have a strong chemical smell? I do like so many of these jeans and loath shopping. I guess it’s the price you pay. Thank you

QVC Customer Care

@KCDiva 

There is no charge for an exchange. Think of it as a no cost replacement. If for example, we do not have the item to exchange, then we still do not charge for the return. If you should be charged for the return please contact us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com so we may refund you.

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@KCDiva 

There is no charge for an exchange. Think of it as a no cost replacement. If for example, we do not have the item to exchange, then we still do not charge for the return. If you should be charged for the return please contact us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com so we may refund you.

Beth QVC

Thank you. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, @Beth-QVC , I did not know this.  I was under the impression that if the item was not available for exchange, you were just out of luck.  Thank you for letting us know!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "free exchange"

[ Edited ]

@KCDiva Those jeans are an HSN product.  I am not sure of their exchange policy, if they even have one.

BTW I ran into the same problem with those jeans.  I am waiting to see if a pair gets returned in my size.  I could wear the ones I ordered, but a size up might be better.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Wow, @Beth-QVC , I did not know this.  I was under the impression that if the item was not available for exchange, you were just out of luck.  Thank you for letting us know!

@Beth-QVC- I thought the same thing as @tends2dogs .  That's why I sent back my DreamJeanne leggings for a refund instead of replacement.  Because the next size was sold out and before I was charged the return shipping fee in a similar instance.  (Or course, since then the next size up has appeared and disappeared from stock!)

No worries - I use PayPal now and will recoup the shipping charges from them, but I do think QVC needs to make this policy a lot clearer.  This is a duplicate thread to one in fashion and there are more comments on that one.