Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I could not disagree more with the OP. I think makeup shoud look as natural as possible. I don't want someone to look at me and see makeup - I want them to not even notice I have MU on, and so I like nude or sheer lipsticks. And I very much dislike the patent leather look of lip glosses. To each their own. I prefer natural, always.

anyone over 40 has already lost a lot of color in their lips as well as skin. Natural may be okay for going out in the yard, but most women need some color to make them look "natural" which does not mean "beige". I see women all the time whose face seems to blend in with their haircolor and clothing and it gets "lost". You can achieve a natural look by applying the right makeup and the right colors and no one will see "only makeup", they will see pretty. 

on this "natural" look, the model most likely has a lot of makeup to achieve it, but it's done right and not heavy handed, and she's young. An older woman would need more color on the lips because they've lost their natural pigment and fullness even more. Nude, matte lipsticks make the lips disappear into the face altogether. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

Rethinking this nude lipstick thing and how I would define it for myself.  I want a lipstick that can go with any outfit or other makeup I wear, eye color, blush, highlighter, whatever.

I just want something that enhances my natural lip color, something that says, "I have color on my lips", but doesn't announce the shade.  Usually those lipsticks are in the "nudes" category.  I would not, as I said before, want a red, rose, pinky, peach, berry or brown tone lipstick.

Trusted Contributor

Re: "Nude" lipstick

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

This is the nude color lipstick I wore today from the Maybelline Colorsensational line called "Clay Crush".  It's a matte color.  I have nudes in pink and peach. This is more on the brown side.

image.jpg

Is that you? What are you using on your neck?!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

This is the nude color lipstick I wore today from the Maybelline Colorsensational line called "Clay Crush".  It's a matte color.  I have nudes in pink and peach. This is more on the brown side.

image.jpg

nice color lipstick, natural looking

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I bought the Doll 10 trio from the Q before Christmas. It's lipstick on one end, gloss on the other. They are nudes, but so flattering. I think it's my favorite purchase here. I was pleasantly surprised. The one I bought is no longer listed but there is one a little different A257911. I don't normally wear lipstick anymore. 

Edit:  I glanced back over there to look at her lipsticks. Seems the item I listed,even though 4 star rated, has recent complaints about the gloss leaking. I've not had any issues, but I wonder if this is a different formula. My gloss isn't runny at all as many state this one is.  ??

You can buy these individually on eBay for a few dollars. I bought all for (2 lipsticks & 2 glosses) for less than $9, including shipping)

UPDATE

I received 2 Doll lipsticks and lipglosses from eBay.  The colors are nice, the glosses are not runny but the TASTE is AWFUL.  I'd forgotten I'd purchased from this line before and could not get past the taste of the lipstick.

Contributor

Heart  Andreatoo  I love the shade of nude lipstick that you are wearing.  It is very lovely on you.

Romans 8:1

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

image.jpg

If I looked that good in nude lipstick, I'd buy hundereds of them. I tried that exact same color and looked like a zombie in it. My lip color underneath must be different.

Very pretty, though on himi lover!

Honored Contributor

I agree that natural or a rosy look looks better -- and healthier! -- than nude. If a makeup company had a Your-Lips-When-You-Were-Still-Just-A-Wee-Child-And-Had-Not-Even-Tried-Lipbalm-Yet color, I'd buy out the stock. Nude makes me think of the color of beige shoes. Or pantyhose. Neither of which are the actual color of anyone's skin. Just give up on the term for makeup and give it back to Art and the Naturists, I say.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Himi lover wrote:

___

I love that Clay Crush lipstick, Himi lover!  I will be looking for that. 

I think most women are constantly looking for that perfect nude lipstick, meaning something that looks almost like their own lips but with improved color and look.  I can't wear something that's too pale to medium pink.  I consider that for blondes.  I need something with a brick, berry, or burgundy cast even if it's not really bright.