Respected Contributor

I know there are some colors that are called "nude" and to me, really aren't.

I just don't get the popularity of true nudes.  To MY eye, every woman looks better with COLOR on her lips.  It just lights up the face unbelievably. 

Color, color, color, is what looks best TO ME.  I have heard if you have a "strong" eye makeup, use a demure (nude) lip color.  I just don't agree.

Having beige lips or such light pink it looks so light just doesn't do a woman's face true justice.

Also don't understand FLAT lipstick.  Your lips aren't supposed to look flat.  They should look moist.  Oh well, have to sell something different.

Hyacinth    Cat Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003

ITA!  I look around me and it seems that a lot of women don't wear lipstick anymore.  Especially the younger women in their 20s and 30s.  It's like lipstick is out of style anymore.  But I need a lipstick with color, I look so different without lipstick, too pale.

Frequent Contributor

I love nudes. I think they're beautiful, and what I wear most. Deep nudes, peachy nudes, all of it. It's just a personal preference. I've tried any times to wear dark colors and I just can't, I don't like the way they look on me. I'm so so fair skinned and I don't like the way they look on me. I would love to wear deep dark reds, or berry burgundy, because they are beautiful but I just don't like it on myself. 

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@hyacinth003

ITA!  I look around me and it seems that a lot of women don't wear lipstick anymore.  Especially the younger women in their 20s and 30s.  It's like lipstick is out of style anymore.  But I need a lipstick with color, I look so different without lipstick, too pale.

Yes, my lips have lost color and I am very fair and pale.

I NEED the color provided by lipstick.

I think women of ALL ages need that "pop of color!"

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@kesselrun wrote:

I love nudes. I think they're beautiful, and what I wear most. Deep nudes, peachy nudes, all of it. It's just a personal preference. I've tried any times to wear dark colors and I just can't, I don't like the way they look on me. I'm so so fair skinned and I don't like the way they look on me. I would love to wear deep dark reds, or berry burgundy, because they are beautiful but I just don't like it on myself. 

I cannot wear deep reds or burgundy either!  I am way too fair, and they make my lips look much smaller.  I cannot go too dark at all.

I mean pinks, berries, peachy, etc. with ENOUGH color.  Sometimes what is labeled as "nude" isn't really.  But, I have seen REAL nude and do not think it flatters anyone.

Hyacinth

Frequent Contributor

Oh yes, I see what you mean. I will do a nice light pink too. I now what you mean about true nudes. If you've ever seen Jeffree Star's Velour liquid lipstick on Beautylish, he has some really out there colors, some nice , but the true nude he has is really not flattering . 

Respected Contributor

I agree.  True nudes make it look like you don't have any lips.  You just go from face skin to teeth.  Not attractive in my opinion.  I think everyone benefits from color, and that doesn't have to mean DARK colors -- just SOME color.

Trusted Contributor

I do have some nude lipsticks but they have some pink or peach color in them so they're not totally flat.

Trusted Contributor

If anyone is interested, Lisa Eldridge has a great video on how to choose the right shade for nude lips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5WgzQt_WPw

I don't like a lot of color on my lips and have found a great nude - though not the washed out beige look. Rimmel Kate Moss Dare to go Bare in 45. There are several shades in the collection, based on complexion. Unfortunately, Rimmel does not sell them at retail in this country, but they are available online from the UK.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: "Nude" lipstick

[ Edited ]

I bought the Doll 10 trio from the Q before Christmas. It's lipstick on one end, gloss on the other. They are nudes, but so flattering. I think it's my favorite purchase here. I was pleasantly surprised. The one I bought is no longer listed but there is one a little different A257911. I don't normally wear lipstick anymore. 

Edit:  I glanced back over there to look at her lipsticks. Seems the item I listed,even though 4 star rated, has recent complaints about the gloss leaking. I've not had any issues, but I wonder if this is a different formula. My gloss isn't runny at all as many state this one is.  ??