Regular Contributor

"NEW" Bare Minerals Pro Foundation

What is the difference between this and the original powder foundation? Has anyone tried it and how do you like it? I am using the Matte BE and it cosmetics celebration foundation but always looking for something better for my oily skin.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "NEW" Bare Minerals Pro Foundation

Well, as you know BarePro is a compact powder foundation.  That alone makes it completely different from original mineral loose powder.  BarePro isn't even being marketed with as a mineral makeup, although at this point it could be the new parent company may feel their customers assume everything they put out is mineral; or they could be stepping away from using the term in their promotions and ads since mineral isn't as hot a buzzword for cosmetics as it was in the 1990s and early 2000s.

BarePro has a heavier feel to the touch than original, and while it can be applied to have a sheer finish, it can also be applied to look like a full opaque foundation (not possible with the original).  BarePro is a matte foundation, so from that perspective it amy seem more similar to the matte version of the original loose mineral. The color range is better than the original, and I think it looks better on the face. BarePro may work very well for someone with oily skin looking for a long wear matte powder foundation.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really love the new BarePro foundation. @Trix did a good job of describing the differences. It reminds me of Lancomes Dual Finish foundation, which I also really like. It is very silky and you can use it for a light finish or a more full coverage look. Personally, I like it much better than the original. You will find a terrific color selection. 

Trusted Contributor

The main ingredient in the new Pro foundation is talc. A lot of people seem to like it, but I think it is overpriced for an inexpensive formula.

Trusted Contributor

I was told this was replacing the ready foundation, which I liked a lot...bought this and really did not like it...very dry, no coverage...you could find a dozen of this same type of product for much less..but like with most beauty products, some will love it some will not.  I guess you just have to try it and see😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Occasional Contributor

First ingredient is TALC!!!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

First ingredient is TALC!!!!!