Respected Contributor

"Lipstick "Palettes" Do they still make them?

I havent seen a Lipstick Palettes in a LONGG time. 

Do they still make,or offer them?

Honored Contributor

Re: "Lipstick "Palettes" Do they still make them?

I'm sure you can still find them, but I can't name a specific brand.  Used some from Skinn years ago but have moved on. 

Respected Contributor

Google " lip pallette"

Respected Contributor

I remember eons ago, Jerome Alexander & Merle Norman offered them and most all were workable, & different colors.

Will check online... Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

I havent seen a Lipstick Palettes in a LONGG time. 

Do they still make,or offer them?

@MakeUpMaidn   IMO, lipstick palettes fell out of favor for women because they were OK for home use, but  taking them with you in a makeup bag meant also taking a lip brush.

Of course, makeup artist still use them. I have many divided by colors, tones, shades, etc. They're much easier to use than carrying around 50 tubes of lipsticks. We also like to mix shades together.

If you'd like to make one yourself, you can use an empty 4-6 pan eyeshadow palette and place lipstick in each section. Profesional makeup artist stores carry larger palettes that you can fill.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - I'm curious to know - is there really a differnce in how the lipstick wears, looks, etc, when applied with a brush?  Have seen shows where makeup artists use a brush for application and often wonder why and what the difference is between using it straight from the bullet.  Is it more for sanitary reasons to use a brush?  

Also if one wanted to make a lipstick palette could you use one of the magnetic eyeshadow thingies?  Guess you'd then have to find empty eyeshadow pans to use for the lipstick so maybe that's not a good idea.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL   Whoa, lots of good questions. A lipstick brush is used becuase it does make the lipstick go on more smoohtly and it help fills in the lines in the lips and gives a more finished appearance. I can also use the brush to follow and blend the lipliner into the lipstick or "cheat" the lipline which is difficult to do from the tube.

A brush is more sanitary, washed daily and have at least 10, but even if I use lipstick from the tube, I scrape a small amount on the back of my hand and use a brush to apply that to the lips.

I have, for personal use, an few empty shadow palettes  like Natasha Denona or smaller Viseart palettes where I hit pan in one or two shades, never used the others, so scraped them out, washed it and filled w/ lipsticks (sliced off a peice w/ floss)., press them in w/ a piece of parhment paper and put in the frig. to set...about an hour. When you think about it, lipsticks are mostly wax and quite malleable. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - thank you for answering.  Knew I had some lipstick brushes somewhere so had to go and find them.  Not sure I'd use them on a regular basis but may try them again for the fun of it and see how I like it.

Respected Contributor

Laura Geller made them with different complimentary shades and it was in a round compact.  Best lipsticks I ever used.

Respected Contributor

IT Cosmetics also had a lip palette. As far as a lip brush is concerned some are sold with covers so the can be carried in a purse without worry of getting a purse smudged.