Esteemed Contributor

Please refresh my aging memory -- did QVC once sell a brand called "Lather" ?  Or am I confused?

At a hotel where we stayed last week, all the mini toiletries provided (shampoo, lotion, soap, etc) were "Lather" brand.  Isn't that a brand that was once on QVC?  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Yes they did and it was an awful product.  That is probably why it is gone.

Valued Contributor

I think they sold Lather for a bit.   I really like the Lather products and fortunately, live in a city with a boutique.  They don't seem to have a lot of stores.

Honored Contributor

They did sell Lather and I ordered some products but didn’t love them.What items did you use at the hotel that you wish to own.

Honored Contributor

Yes & so did HSN. I love the Lather Bamboo Lemongrass Scrub. I also liked some of their other products. The scrub makes your skin so soft.

Super Contributor

I remember them on both networks and love that Foaming Bamboo Lemongrass body scrub.

Respected Contributor

I still have a set with 4 soaps and a bamboo tray that I may have purchased on either QVC or HSN.   Not sure.   I bought several and gave them as gifts.  Everyone LOVED them.  I still have one left that I may break open and use myself.  I've just been using the Beekman and Goat Mill Stuff soaps and nothing else (bar soap in the shower). 

Contributor

I love Lather products, love their Lemongrass scrub as well as their jasmine & plumeria body oil.  I just received this body oil last week and the scent dissapates and leaves my skin so soft.  I have enjoyed the products I have used over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

There were no products that I tried at the hotel that I'd want to own... but the brand name was so familiar to me and I couldn't remember where I'd seen the products before. 

Thank you for your replies.

The "Lime Lavender" body lotion smelled awful -- the "Mint" shampoo was too minty and kind of burned my scalp (rushed to rinse it out!).  Oatmeal soaps were OK.   Nothing I'd want to buy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Please refresh my aging memory -- did QVC once sell a brand called "Lather" ?  Or am I confused?

At a hotel where we stayed last week, all the mini toiletries provided (shampoo, lotion, soap, etc) were "Lather" brand.  Isn't that a brand that was once on QVC?  

Yes, QVC did sell Lather products...a long time ago.  They had the best lip balm I have ever used, I bet I bought a dozen of them.  I haven't been able to find it since Lather left QVC.