Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: "Fixed" my drab graying hair!

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA    Have you ever tried Josie Maran's hair serum?  I am not sure if the Q sells it but it is on her website.  She has a travel size and regular.  You take a drop and rub between your hands and then run your hands through your hair.  It gives a beautiful, natural shine and it smells wonderful not overpowering plus it is good for the hair.  I start from the back and then come around to the front and go back and to the sides.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

No, I haven't.   I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks for the info.

---------------------------------

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ALRATIBA    Have you ever tried Josie Maran's hair serum?  I am not sure if the Q sells it but it is on her website.  She has a travel size and regular.  You take a drop and rub between your hands and then run your hands through your hair.  It gives a beautiful, natural shine and it smells wonderful not overpowering plus it is good for the hair.  I start from the back and then come around to the front and go back and to the sides.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1 Would you care to share the ingredients in the JM product?  Do you have white hair?  I don't want to chance anything yellowing my white hair.  TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA got JF brunette on your recommendation and have used it every other day. Wonderful product. I actually like my air with some gray showing - looks more natural.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs    Josie's website lists all ingredients.  It never yellowed my silver hair.  Plus it is good for the hair as fair as conditioning.  Travel size and also regular size.  i'm not sure why QVC never carried it.  What I love about is the natural shine not artificial looking.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

This is good information.  I'm in the middle of another huge alopecia flare and have made the decision not to color my hair any more.  I'm pretty sure I'm completely gray/silver/brown.  I guess I'll see when my hair starts growing back.

I've been reading about the 'purple' shampoos, which is what they recommend.  That's probably more for solid white or silver hair and not salt and pepper.  Like I said, I don't know what I'm going to be, but I'll keep this information just in case I'm salt and pepper.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

I tried some of the purple shampoos and on my hair thinking it would brighten the gray - but it dulled down the brown and really didn't do much to perk up the gray. 

I tried several different brands of the purple.  (I used to use the purples when I was a "bottle blonde" to keep the blonde from being brassy.)

I've been happy with the JF Brunette and plan on continuing with it.  It's only shampoo - so there is really no commitment if you try t.  It will wash out with the next shampoo.

---------------------------------------------

@DrKelli wrote:

This is good information.  I'm in the middle of another huge alopecia flare and have made the decision not to color my hair any more.  I'm pretty sure I'm completely gray/silver/brown.  I guess I'll see when my hair starts growing back.

I've been reading about the 'purple' shampoos, which is what they recommend.  That's probably more for solid white or silver hair and not salt and pepper.  Like I said, I don't know what I'm going to be, but I'll keep this information just in case I'm salt and pepper.

Honored Contributor

I bought some John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner thanks to this topic.  I've only used it once so far.  Waited till I colored my hair and got it cut...super happy with my cut this time!  Looks like this in the back.  I have my same choppy uneven bangs.

hc.jpg