Honored Contributor

"Fixed" my drab graying hair!

I stopped coloring my hair just two years ago - and the increasing gray had been looking kind of drab looking and made my brown hair look a bit drab also.  I tried some of the "silver" shampoos and condidtioners - but they didn't fix the "drab" and I think they made the brown hair look worse.

When I was a blonde, I used John Frieda's Sheer Blonde hair products  to perk up the color - and the other day it occurred to me to try his Brilliant Brunette.

Just want to "report" - after the first shampoo - there was a great improvement.  I'm actually happy with the results. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: "Fixed" my drab graying hair!

ITA, I think they're great products to amp up your color.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA - Thanks for this recommendation.  Just like you, I stopped coloring my hair two years ago and between the gray and my natural dark brown, my hair looks dull.

I haven't used any John Frieda products in years, but will definitely try this one.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this recommendation.  

I have this same problem, I have a sprinkling of gray (getting more abundant every day), but I'm still mostly dark brown.

I don't mind going gray, I'm certainly old enough at this point, but I just hate the way the gray I do have dulls down my hair in general.

I've been using a product called Goldwell Foam Colorant which sort of blends in the gray and enriches the color in general.  It is now described as a "semi-permanent" color but I think it is more of a temporary stain that only lasts for one, or at best two shampoos.  It's a pain to put on, and relatively expensive if you have a lot of hair.

I'm going to check out the brunette shampoo, thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Funny you should mention this brand since I purchased the John Frieda brunette glaze this morning from Amazon. 

My hair isn't gray yet but it seems a bit dull so after reading a lot of reviews of different glazes I decided to go for this brand...it's also very reasonably priced.  I might try the shampoo & conditioner too.

Honored Contributor

Interesting information. I need to check it out. I no longer want to color my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ALRATIBA, I am interested in this.  I just went grey for the pandemic, and not liking my salt and pepper hair because it has no shine.  So I know I will do something but don't know what.  Can you please describe a little more what this product does to your hair.  Does it make the grays brunette?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

No, the gray is still there - but it's a "warmer" gray and a bit of brightening.  Same with the brown - a bit warmer and a bit of a shine / glow.   Leaves hair feeling very nice.  

No change in "color" - still brown and gray but a nicer brown and gray.  

----------------------------------------------

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Hi @ALRATIBA, I am interested in this.  I just went grey for the pandemic, and not liking my salt and pepper hair because it has no shine.  So I know I will do something but don't know what.  Can you please describe a little more what this product does to your hair.  Does it make the grays brunette?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @ALRATIBA!

Honored Contributor

Update: Re: "Fixed" my drab graying hair!

[ Edited ]

It's been a few weeks now.  I shampoo my hair every day (really bad "bed head" in the morning).

This shampoo and conditioner are doing a great job with the gray - it's still there but looks more like highlights than gray hair.

Looks so good - yesteray I decided to dye my white eyebrows with Just For Men Beard and Mustache  using a darker shade than usual.

Switching to thie John Frieda Brilliant Brunette has been one of my better ideas so far ths year!