Honored Contributor

Re: "Expensive but worth it" beauty products?

I got a Newa RF device to work on my jawline, chin, jowls, and I'd say it's definitely worth the expense. I am well into my first intensive treatment month, and I see a much firmer jawline and chin again.

I am being extremely careful where I use it, to avoid fat loss higher on my face. But I am happy to lose fat from under my chin!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I got a Newa RF device to work on my jawline, chin, jowls, and I'd say it's definitely worth the expense. I am well into my first intensive treatment month, and I see a much firmer jawline and chin again.

I am being extremely careful where I use it, to avoid fat loss higher on my face. But I am happy to lose fat from under my chin!

@Porcelain 

I've always been curious about those RF devices. 

How often do you use it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain 

I've always been curious about those RF devices. 

How often do you use it?

Five days a week for the first month and then twice a week for maintenance after that. 4 minutes per facial area and I just do 2 areas--under my chin and up onto my jaw on each side. I think that if it were a stronger RF device you would use it less often.

It does get hot. You have to keep it moving because if you keep it still you start to feel pretty intense heat. Not as hot as say a burn or scald, but the instinct at that point is to pull away. There's a temperature sensor and regulator that is supposed to prevent damaging temps though. (The safety features are why I thought it was worth the added expense.)

I'm super interested in the Nebulyft now as well because it seems like it might be good for higher on the face, but I need to pace myself and that thing is even more expensive than the Newa.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Maybe you've described this before, but what results have you experienced with your lasers when it comes to getting any lift or tightening? I'm curious about lasers too.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@SilleeMee Maybe you've described this before, but what results have you experienced with your lasers when it comes to getting any lift or tightening? I'm curious about lasers too.

@Porcelain 

I use the Palovia on the under-eye areas. I treat that area from close to the the inner corners all the way out to where the crows feet are located. It firms the skin and smooths it out. I have no bags or under-eye wrinkles or lines to speak of....crows feet only when I smile. I've also treated my upper lids and I have smooth lids, not crepy or saggy. Use one day a week.

I use the Tria ADL all along my jaw line, under the jaw and all of my neck and dec. Jawline is firm with only a hint of a jowl. My neck and dec are completely smooth, no lines or sags. Use daily for 10 weeks off for one month.

I don't use either laser on my upper face, excluding eye areas, b/c of redness issues and microcaps. I'm 65 and I wonder what I'd look like if I didn't use those lasers. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain 

I use the Palovia on the under-eye areas. I treat that area from close to the the inner corners all the way out to where the crows feet are located. It firms the skin and smooths it out. I have no bags or under-eye wrinkles or lines to speak of....crows feet only when I smile. I've also treated my upper lids and I have smooth lids, not crepy or saggy. Use one day a week.

I use the Tria ADL all along my jaw line, under the jaw and all of my neck and dec. Jawline is firm with only a hint of a jowl. My neck and dec are completely smooth, no lines or sags. Use daily for 10 weeks off for one month.

I don't use either laser on my upper face, excluding eye areas, b/c of redness issues and microcaps. I'm 65 and I wonder what I'd look like if I didn't use those lasers. Woman LOL

I think I may need a Palovia. Or maybe a Nira? That sounds really interesting. I do want something for around my eyes.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

Palovia is no longer around. Qvc sold them at one time but then they were gone. I went on a mission to buy multiples from eBay whenever I could find one....LOL! Palovia lasers were the best. They are powerful and effective...probably why they went out of business b/c the results are almost as good as in-office treatments. 

Super Contributor

I love some of the Isomers too! Currently using Retinaicin at night & Renovage before sunscreen in the AM.