Respected Contributor

Re: "Expensive but worth it" beauty products?

WEN

Hourglass primer

Tatcha 

Respected Contributor

Love the eye cream. Worth every penny. What else would you recommend I try.

Respected Contributor

Sorry didn't mention brand of eye cream tatcha. Really see a difference.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Without a doubt it's my skincare. I have tried (many years ago) to use less expensive products, but I saw no results. Skinceuticals and Obagi is not as expensive as SkinMedica and some others I've tried. Within the Skinceuticals line they have added a more expensive "anti aging" line, but after sampling it, I see little difference from those and the items I've used for so long.

Skincare is always the most expensive thing I purchase..backups and my prescription Retin A. No cutting corners or less costly skincare gives me the results I've seen.

My skin is clear, bright, only a few wrinkles at 72 and because I'm diligent with using it, I can wear much less makeup. I only need a tinted moisturizer and a bit of undereye concealer. So, look at all the money I'm saving on foundations, etc. It definitely evens itself out. 

@Shanus "Skinceuticals and Obagi is not as expensive as SkinMedica and some others I've tried."

You mentioned all of these, do you use all of them or just one of the brands, I got a little confused reading and I'm curious. Thank you!!

@SandGirl   Apologies for any confusion. I usually try most expensive skincare and decide which ones to use personally and what I want to carry professionally. I use Skinceuticals and Obagi personally and have for many years. I have in my "office", SkinMedica, Skinceuticals and a few others. Obagi is usually a long term treatment based brand, so wouldn't benefit clients during a skincare appt. HTH

Honored Contributor

My biggest problem is that my skin is really sensitive.  So the first hurdle is getting a product that doesn't harm it.

Trish McEvoy vitamin C cream is expensive but worth it to me.  I found a Clinique eye gel, and creams have never worked for me under eye, but this is great and not expensive.

I also use Shiseido sunscreens without Avobenzone; and like several of their other products. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Loccitane

WEN

Perricone MD

Respected Contributor

I have many products from drugstore to more expensive items -- hair, facial, and body. I enjoy trying different items. I do believe the best treatment long term is to cover up in the sun..hair and face. 

I have read where Dolly Parton swears by Vaseline and I believe Sophia Loren consumed and used as a cosmetic Olive Oil. Probably some cosmetic surgery too for most in the public eye.I have known people that used Crisco successfully. 

It lifts my spirit to try new products , sometimes stretching the $$s. Recently I tried the Tweak d line . I ordered the sampler from HSN with creams and hair care and loved them. Glad I signed up for Auto Ship.

The moderate costing $10.ish Gold Bond Neck & Chest firming cream is one product I tried and will continue using . It is one that I do see a difference using.

I think "Expensive but worth it " has to be an individual decision of course.

Trusted Contributor

These are pricey but so worth it.  I buy these over and over:

Josie Maran Milk

Josie Maran Serums: the pink algae, the resurfacing, and the vitiman C

Grande Lash Serums

Hourglass primer

Dior LipGlow 

Lancer Method Polish

Lancer Method Cleanse 

I haven't run out of these since trying but will:

Tatcha pearl eye cream/concealor

Tatcha Silk canvas

Tatacha Silk Powder

Josie Mara Pink Algae Eye Cream

Occasional Contributor

JM Aryan oil products and milk! Love them!
Occasional Contributor

Sorry..I meant Argan oil! Stupid spell check!