Honored Contributor

Re: "Expensive but worth it" beauty products?

[ Edited ]

I shop only Cruelty Free.  

Willing to pay the premium in solidarity with the animals..

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Jo Malone perfume 

Honored Contributor

For me it is WEN, O'o Hawai'i skin care, IT cosmetics (that's not really expensive, but it is what I use for the most of my make-up items).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

For me it's Dr. Denese Firming Facial Pads, although since I peel each pad into 2 or 3 separate pads it's not that expensive overall. I love them and wouldn't be without them, so I stock up when they're on sale. I really like Elizabeth Arden's cermide daily moisturizer, but it's become too expensive unless I can find it on a super-sale, so I guess I do live without it at times!

Respected Contributor

"Tatcha" skin care makes my complexion glow. Just a tiny pea sized amount  goes a long way. I keep going back when I try other lines.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 ~ Le Mer, The Concentrate and the moisturizing cream.  Tried so many other brands, and this just works for my skin.  Love the way my skin feels after application and it moisturizes without feeling tacky or greasy.  I do wish it wasn’t so pricey, but...💸💸💸

Honored Contributor

YSL blurring primer in gold.  If you've got this you can wear just about any foundation. 

Honored Contributor

I would say Elemis eye cream.  Not sure how long I'll continue to use it because of the price but its the only eye cream that has truly made a difference.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Thanks for the Bumble & Bumble volume shampoo which I have been contemplating on buyiing.

I won't spend big money on skincare because there are so many brands out here at reasonable prices that are quality good.  I do spend a little more on foundation/skin tint and makeup in general.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Perricone neuropeptide facial cream, and also the eye cream- those are the only things I spend much money on. 

I use to like pedicures, facials and getting filler and botox. I have credits at 2 different places from before pandemic but I just can't get too excited about getting too close to anyone right yet.