Honored Contributor

Re: "Expensive but worth it" beauty products?

@jbinrwc wrote:

Where did this come from?   If I'm reading the dates correctly.  Where are the QVC Mods who clear these things?  

This is a brand new thread, started 05-01-21, not an old one bumped up from the past.  

Honored Contributor

Every Tatcha product I've tried.  Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA+BHA Pore-Tight Toner

Respected Contributor

Jane Iredale products and I love her brushes.

Esteemed Contributor

What @nana59 said.  At 72, I've used the expensive and the cheap.  I know that many people believe that if a product is expensive, it must be better.  Not me.   Most of my skin care and makeup comes from the cosmetics aisles at Kroger.  My skin is healthy and happy.   And so is my pocketbook.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Without a doubt it's my skincare. I have tried (many years ago) to use less expensive products, but I saw no results. Skinceuticals and Obagi is not as expensive as SkinMedica and some others I've tried. Within the Skinceuticals line they have added a more expensive "anti aging" line, but after sampling it, I see little difference from those and the items I've used for so long.

Skincare is always the most expensive thing I purchase..backups and my prescription Retin A. No cutting corners or less costly skincare gives me the results I've seen.

My skin is clear, bright, only a few wrinkles at 72 and because I'm diligent with using it, I can wear much less makeup. I only need a tinted moisturizer and a bit of undereye concealer. So, look at all the money I'm saving on foundations, etc. It definitely evens itself out. 

Honored Contributor

***I neglated to add to my post that I am sent (PR) many skincare products to try on myself and clients. Some are outrageously expensive for what they are...I always try them on myself, never on a client. 

I did recently acquire a professional microneedling device  that I use on my skincare clients (and myself). It's not the most invasive type that I'm not licensed to use in this state w/o supervision by an MD. I did have THAT deeper treatment once, but never again. I left the office a bloody mess and it took 4 days to look decent enough to leave the house. The doc said it takes a series of 3-4 treatments to see optimal results. Uh, NO, never went back. 

Esteemed Contributor

Generally, I don't look for expensive, nor do I get particularly expensive skin care/makeup things. Every now & then I'll pay $30 for a lipstick (EL). The shades in the department stores, I found, are much different than the shades in the drug stores.

The other that I like a whole, whole bunch is the night moisturizer by Dr. Kaplan - a far cry in price than the aloe vera gel & oil I used to use.

For hair, the Save Me things are terrific!

Respected Contributor

I loved Kate Somerville's line and the ones I tried always showed a difference in my skin. Way too expensive to use daily but they were worth it to me 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When it comes to my skincare products there are only a few important ingredients which I look for and just how much of those ingredients are needed to get the job done. I find what I need w/o spending a lot of money and my skin looks great. Good skincare should not have to cost an arm and a leg imho.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Without a doubt it's my skincare. I have tried (many years ago) to use less expensive products, but I saw no results. Skinceuticals and Obagi is not as expensive as SkinMedica and some others I've tried. Within the Skinceuticals line they have added a more expensive "anti aging" line, but after sampling it, I see little difference from those and the items I've used for so long.

Skincare is always the most expensive thing I purchase..backups and my prescription Retin A. No cutting corners or less costly skincare gives me the results I've seen.

My skin is clear, bright, only a few wrinkles at 72 and because I'm diligent with using it, I can wear much less makeup. I only need a tinted moisturizer and a bit of undereye concealer. So, look at all the money I'm saving on foundations, etc. It definitely evens itself out. 

@Shanus "Skinceuticals and Obagi is not as expensive as SkinMedica and some others I've tried."

You mentioned all of these, do you use all of them or just one of the brands, I got a little confused reading and I'm curious. Thank you!!