Trusted Contributor

Re: "Blackheads" - Why bother?

@clarika wrote:

@SilleeMee, my apologies , I was looking for a brand recommendation when it came to Hyaluronic acid.

@clarika  I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I use a brand called Bioelements.  A product of this line called Moisture x10  is a hydrating hyalaronic acid serum.  I have dry, super sensitive skin and can easily use this serum.  The aesthetician I go to uses this product line which is how I discovered it.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@clarika wrote:

@SilleeMee, my apologies , I was looking for a brand recommendation when it came to Hyaluronic acid.

Hada Labo. It's a Japanese brand. Effective and very reasonably priced.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   Differin was mentioned in an above post for acne.  Would this work in a similar way as Retin A?  I have seen this at Walmart and Walgreens and wondered.  All the reviews that I read were claiming it was great for acne.....no mention of wrinkles LOL.  

Being a derivative of vitamin A, I am curious.

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee   Differin was mentioned in an above post for acne.  Would this work in a similar way as Retin A?  I have seen this at Walmart and Walgreens and wondered.  All the reviews that I read were claiming it was great for acne.....no mention of wrinkles LOL.  

TIA

From what I understand, Differin doesn't target the particular retinoid receptors in the skin that help with wrinkles and collagen. It targets different ones. So it doesn't work the same as Retin A, even though it is a derrivative of vitamin A, as you say. I had the same thought as you and was disappointed when I found that out.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

TIA

From what I understand, Differin doesn't target the particular retinoid receptors in the skin that help with wrinkles and collagen. It targets different ones. So it doesn't work the same as Retin A, even though it is a derrivative of vitamin A, as you say. I had the same thought as you and was disappointed when I found that out.

@tends2dogs 

Exactly this. I could have written the same thing as what @Porcelain  wrote.

I will add that Differin is formulated specifically to address acne and that means it involves maintaining good pore health which, over time, can lead to smoother looking skin. But Differin does not inhibit collagenase enzyme, an enzyme that breaks down collagen in the skin. Only Retin-A can do that, not Differin.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

TIA

@tends2dogs 

Exactly this. I could have written the same thing as what @Porcelain  wrote.

I will add that Differin is formulated specifically to address acne and that means it involves maintaining good pore health which, over time, can lead to smoother looking skin. But Differin does not inhibit collagenase enzyme, an enzyme that breaks down collagen in the skin. Only Retin-A can do that, not Differin.

You probably did say it, @SilleeMee. You are probably where I learned this. Or at least one of several excellent sources for the info. Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

@RinaRina  I highly recommend the oil cleansing method. You can read up on it at o..c...m....com, as there are different combinations of oils for different problems. It easy, inexpensive, relaxing with great results. It was a game changer for me: cleaned out all my blocked pores and balanced my skin. 

@AngelPuppy1  it may well resolve your milia, too. To avoid irritation, I would advise you go slow as oil will penetrate further than soap & water or topicals. But, it’s worth a couple tries. I was able to get rid of the ones I had, and figure out what product I had been using that caused them & eliminate it from my routine.

I was using 2/3 castor oil to 1/3 organic sunflower oil (Wegmans, cooking aisle😀). The castor oil really goes deep, but is drying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dr. Sandra Lee always says....milia can not be removed with topical

products or at home w/ an extractor. They must be removed by a

dermatologist by safely pricking the skin, then extracted. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Some of the milia I get go away on their own most of the time. When they remain there then I take care of it Woman Wink I won't go into the details but I've never had a problem with it.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

OP are you sure you not confusing sebaceous filaments and blackheads?

Yep! 

After using both gadgets, I've concluded that's what they are (SBs, not blackheads or whiteheads).

Thanks.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."