Honored Contributor

Allie Glines has her "best of 2021 high-end makeup" video up.  Title is...

THE BEST HIGH END MAKEUP OF 2021

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Allie Glines has her "best of 2021 high-end makeup" video up.  Title is...

THE BEST HIGH END MAKEUP OF 2021

@monicakm   Thanks I enjoy watching these. Many "influencers" are doing these videos now...Best Lipsticks, Best Drugstore, etc. It's fun to see their picks. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   By the way, what are some of your picks. What dollar amount do you consider high-end since everyone has a different standard. Do you consider cost or brands?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Tell me about it.  I've watched (or in the process of watching) all of them.  They do this at the end of every year.  I've seen a couple of things I'm interested in buying but didn't write it down so I'll  have to back track.  I enjoy watching Michelle Wang and her suggestions but her PR and purchases are mostly out of my tax bracket.  

Esteemed Contributor

I watched this video, and won't be buying anything she promoted. The products are above my budget, so not interested. 

She has another video "Best of Drugstore Products 2021" which is more my type. I have a couple of those products in this video, which are nice. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I prefer high-end products so that's why I mentioned this particular video.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - I watched the video and enjoyed learning about all her recommendations.  I've never watched her videos before, but I will now subscribe.

There's several I want to try now!  

Esteemed Contributor

Is there a monthly charge for subscribing to these videos? That's one reason I've never done so; I don't know how much they cost. I have a feeling it wouldn't be free, as the influencers have to make money somehow.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Is there a monthly charge for subscribing to these videos? That's one reason I've never done so; I don't know how much they cost. I have a feeling it wouldn't be free, as the influencers have to make money somehow.

@teganslaw - its free.  I'm subscribed to quite a few - beauty and others - and have never been charged anything to subscribe.

Honored Contributor

I started to watch it, but got sidetracked.  I added the Bobbi Brown Face Base to my wish list.  Has anyone tried it?  If so, how does it perform?  Also, what was the brand of the first brow item she  showed?  I missed it.  I'll try to watch the video later.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.