Honored Contributor

Re: "Beauty We Love" TSV - ?? - Feb 10

@Shanus wrote:

@Nightowlz. Thanks for info, but other than Clarisonic, how many face cleaning devices does one need? My skin never gets muddy or that dirty that I'd two!!

@Shanus I don't use one of those facial cleaning devices. I don't really feel the need for it. My skin looks & feels pretty clean without it. Besides from other threads I have read looks like there are some out there for less money that work just as well.

Honored Contributor

I owned a Foreo Luna Mini but it died after a couple of years. I loved it and wanted to buy another but didn't want to spend another $100 for it. So when I found a dupe on amazon I was thrilled that it cost only $20! 

The one thing I like about The Leaf is the pointy end that it has. That would make it easy to get into the hard to reach areas like around the nose and close to the eyes. It appears there are dupes for this design as well and they don't cost much.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz. There are others similar to Clarisonic. I purchased mine years ago before others came out.

Valued Contributor

I use the Foreo with the Tatcha cleansing powder.I honestly feel I get better results scrubbing the powder with my hand.I will watch the presentation for the Qvc version and will wait if some day the price will go down.I don't even use the Clarisonic and I regret buying it cause replacing the brushes can be expensive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing about The Leaf is that it has nubs on both sides of the device. The Foreo dup I bought from amazon has nubs on one side only which I prefer. I use the smooth side to spread my products on my face rather than use my fingers.

Honored Contributor

You know what I have that I really like?

Neutragena used to sell (and don't know if they still do), their orange bead cleanser (which I know is now bad for the environment) but with it came an oval rubber thing with little raised rubber teeth. It feels so gentle but is such a good facial cleaning tool.

And the whole thing under $8.

Thats my kind of cleaning tool!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Just checked the program guide and Laura Geller is listed at midnight and throughout the day. Did they change it?

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Just checked the program guide and Laura Geller is listed at midnight and throughout the day. Did they change it?

@beach-mom I don't know why Laura Geller was on in that time slot, but if you click on the "Today's Special Value" link, it takes you to the Leaf TSV page and I just saw the overnight host present it.  IMO, the Amazon dupes are still better - my Foreo Luna dupe is still going strong well beyond the point at which my original, genuine Foreo Luna Mini konked out.  A person can buy the dupe for the price of one easy payment.  

Honored Contributor

Returned my last Clarisonic, Second time stopped working. Qvc kind enough to credit my shipping charges. Years used Clarisonic with no problems. No longer plan on purchasing. TSV easy pass! Guess what? Hands are my tool along with trusty clean wash cloth. 💁
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay....

I did not know microbeads were bad for the environment. I just read a few articles online regarding the microbeads because I read your post. I actually like the Colgate toothpaste with the microbeads and only last week I showed my mother the toothpaste at Walgreens, I just raved about this. Anyway, what do you do to the product you already have on hand? The toothpaste is the only microbead product I use. So thank you for mentioning this and educating me.

In reference to cleaning tools....I don't use them. I have one my mother bought me a few years ago....I find that good daily skincare regime doesn't need to scrub your face like that. I do use St. Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate but I only do this 2-3 times a month.