Honored Contributor

Re: questions about fragrances and fragrance "wardrobes"

Interesting feedback, thanks everyone! I was wondering if I was the only one who never changed their fragrance throughout the day, lol. Maybe that is only something someone in the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous do, lol. Smiley Wink I mean, I can understand if you were wearing something during the day and then going out on a date and took a shower and wanted something different. That is totally understandable.

Honored Contributor

I have fragrance "groups".........and I mix them.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi@HappyDaze I'm a mixer tooWoman Very Happy

Most all of my perfumes have jasmine and vanilla.

But I use (my last bottle) "Baby Grace after my shower or bath before I go to bedHeart

I also, mix perfume with different body lotions.

As long as they are in the same notes of each other.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi@HappyDaze I'm a mixer tooWoman Very Happy

Most all of my perfumes have jasmine and vanilla.

But I use (my last bottle) "Baby Grace after my shower or bath before I go to bedHeart

I also, mix perfume with different body lotions.

As long as they are in the same notes of each other.

Lately, I've been mixing a floral with a green

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I don't categorize my scents so to speak...I do tend to know which are vanilla based, which are floral based, and which are more fruity based...I can layer scents in the same genre with no issue and I do so frequently creating my own scent!!  I tend to go fruity in the summer ( example is Escada Rockin' Rio), floral in spring (Guerlain Insouciance- violet based!) and vanilla/woodsy ( too many to name but look at Casmir-Chopard(my top 3!) and Addict-Christian Dior-they did reformulate and it is NOT as good but still fabulous) in the winter but since I live in AZ ,I can mix what I wear up too...I love fragrance so much and have found very few that do not work for me...sad Woman Sad for those women who are fragrance adverse or allergic..it truly lifts me up during the day or night, makes me feel things through the scent and generally makes my life a happier place (which makes those in my life happier, I am sure,  LOL)

ps... I was wearing Dior's Addict and one of my managers came out into the crew room and said I "knew" you were here because it smelled so good although he didn't know what it was!!! ( I hadn't applied perfume in hours before, just saying!) I gave him the perfume name so he could get points with his wife LOL 

Respected Contributor

Recently my niece wanted to know what was the perfume I use.  Asked her why she wanted to know because there are so few bottles left since the scent was discontinued many years ago.  It turns out that since I apply my scent at my makeup nook in the walk-in closet, everything in the closet is lightly scented !!!!

So, when I send her things from my closet, she knows it is from me automatically !

To answer the original poster's question: I keep the same scent year round  (NE) but recently switched to Jimmy Choo perfume as I am using the FENDI Theorema very sparingly.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I only own one fragrance so I guess I won't be layering any.  I am assuming you could layer similar scents.  My body lotions and washes are all unscented or very mildy scented. I am very sensitive to odors and some trigger an asthma attack so the whole idea of having a fragrance wardrobe or layering scents is totally foreign to me.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Recently my niece wanted to know what was the perfume I use.  Asked her why she wanted to know because there are so few bottles left since the scent was discontinued many years ago.  It turns out that since I apply my scent at my makeup nook in the walk-in closet, everything in the closet is lightly scented !!!!

So, when I send her things from my closet, she knows it is from me automatically !

To answer the original poster's question: I keep the same scent year round  (NE) but recently switched to Jimmy Choo perfume as I am using the FENDI Theorema very sparingly.

@jlkz I love Jimmy Choo and would like to try the new one, I can't remember the name.

And people stop me to tell me how good I smell.

Respected Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair

I think it is " IILLICIT "

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Interesting feedback, thanks everyone! I was wondering if I was the only one who never changed their fragrance throughout the day, lol. Maybe that is only something someone in the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous do, lol. Smiley Wink I mean, I can understand if you were wearing something during the day and then going out on a date and took a shower and wanted something different. That is totally understandable.

No, I don't change my fragrance during the day. In fact, I will refresh and keep wearing it.

I tend to stay with one fragrance. In fact, I go through phases where I tend to "favor" a fragrance for awhile, and that is the only one that I wear. Then, I will switch off and wear something else for awhile, and so on.