Contributor
This is a product I don't use that much, but I'd like to start. How do you ladies use it? I've used it as a hairspray before, but it can get a little too crunchy for that. I've never sprayed directly in the styling cream, as volume at the bottom of my hair is not what I'm interested in. Has anyone tried applying it directly to the roots with either wet or dry hair? Tell me your experiences! I have the POM, if that helps. TIA!
Honored Contributor

I use it as Chaz does - mix about 5 spritzes with a pump or two of Styling Creme, and apply to wet hair after I apply my leave-in CC. The bottom of my hair doesn't poof up when I'm just using a blow dryer and round brush, but I do get more fullness when I use hot rollers.I know I can use it as a hairspray, but I'm have a hard time giving up traditional hairspray.

Contributor
Okay thanks JLF! I was afraid I'd look like a triangle lmbo.
Honored Contributor
On 6/24/2014 chloe_rogers said: Okay thanks JLF! I was afraid I'd look like a triangle lmbo.

Super Contributor
I use it just a little different, I put my leave in, then the styling cream and then pump some mousse in my hand and spritz some of the VTM in my hand with the mousse, mix them up and then apply to my wet hair.
Trusted Contributor
I currently use it as hairspray on dry hair. I used to use it on wet hair, too. I would spray at roots just prior to blow drying. It did give me good volume, but it made my hair a little dry, tangly and frizzy. I think alcohol really dries out my hair. Chaz says he uses it on almost everyone who sits in his chair, so I think it's just my hair that can't tolerate it for some reason. I have also used it mixed with the SC and it didn't give me "triangle hair", though I was worried about that, too Smiley Happy
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I use it like we've seen Chaz demo, five or six spritzes mixed in with Styling Cream and applied throughout wet hair. I will also spritz some into my palm and use my fingertips to apply directly at the roots (while still wet). Since my hair is very heavily layered, I don't have to worry about looking like a triangle, lol.

I occasionally use it as a hairspray, when I've taken the time to do a round brush blowout. I only use three or four spritzes for my whole head, always holding it about a foot away when I spray. This stuff is potent, any more and my hair gets crunchy.

Valued Contributor

I use my VTS as a root lifter spray during my blowout; it works great that way.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien