Respected Contributor

question about tweak'd revitalizing mist

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This may be somewhat of a repeat question from me but I guess I still don't really know the anwer.

Do all the tweak'd revitalizing mists do the same thing?  Is the only real difference the scent?  I do know there are some different ingredients, but do the different scent options make a huge difference in how the hair reacts to the mist?  I have tried a few of the scents (I and friends ordered different scents) two of them did not do good things for my hair.  The one I ordered - the tulipia - I'm on the fence about.  And now today I've noticed that yogi berry one and wonder if those ingredients would react better on my hair?  Or maybe it's just really a different scent.  Any thoughts on the varieties that he offers?

Honored Contributor

Re: question about tweak'd revitalizing mist

@moonandthestars IMO, basically yes.  They are all meant for refreshing and restyling.  That said, if the word "Restore" is part of the title it will be more moisturizing, thus more suitable for dry hair.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars   Hi. I use mine to spray on dry hair to restyle, but also sometimes spray on just washed hair as a leave in conditioner and heat protectant if I'm going to blow dry.

I don't think the uses are different depending on scent. If you notice a difference in your hair w/ various scents, it may be just a reaction to what makes up that particular fragrance and not the mist itself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two kinds of the Revitalizing mists...Above the Clouds and Frangipani.

On my hair the Above the Clouds seems lighter than the other. My hair seems to get a little more fly-away with some static with that one. No so much with the Frangi where that one feels somewhat more moisturizing but not weighty. HTH.

Both are very heavily fragranced, just so you know.

ETA-

I won't be reordering either of those mists. I got them as a TSV but to me they are just ordinary. I will be going back to using Carol's Daughter Monoi Anti-Breakage Spray. I think it's a better product for what I need.

Esteemed Contributor

@moonandthestars There are several different "types" of mists in the Tweak'd line.  There is restore, revitalizing, conditioning, finsihing (which is the hair spray) so yes they do different things for your hair.   They are all for refreshing on non washing days or like @Shanus stated for conditioning.  For me I use the Rise and Shine conditioning mist as I have naturally curly hair and it keeps me frizz free.   I have used others also but I like that one the best.  If you search for Tweak'd mists on HSN or QVC you can read the different details about each one.   I don't think the scent of it matters, JMO.

Valued Contributor

The mist works great on my wet or dry hair. You have to shake the bottle for a long time. I don't think there is a huge difference between scents as far as performance. 

Respected Contributor

It is my understanding that all the Revitalizing mists work the same - only the scent is different.  The Rise & Shine is a Conditioning mist.  There is also a Finishing mist -- a hairspray product.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf @Bibione @LindaSal @SilleeMee @Shanus 

Thank you all for the replies.  I honestly didn't realize there were three types of mists so I looked them up.  They do sound about the same in the description tho!  I wish the presentations would be more straightforward, direct and provide clarity.  Not sure why they dont'  Would be great if they were more informational and would be better for them too.

For me there was a difference in how my hair reacted to the same named product but different fragrance.  Also, interestingly I hated two of the fragrances - ones that I would have expected to love.  But I am still evaluating the Tulipia - nicest scent to me.  Hair ok with it.

Does anyone use this on wet hair?  Mostly on dry hair?

It is possible I don't shake enough, which I will do later.  It is also possible I don't use enough.  I do only a few sprays but I see on the directions to spray like 20 times.  Actually, now I don't even know where I read that. (!)  Do you guys spray a lot?

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars 

I use the revitalizing mist on wet hair as a detangler mostly. I don't use any other 'conditioner' after washing my hair. That's it.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I wanted to put your tag in my other post, but it wouldn't show up, so now this one is all for you!  Thank you for your reply to my post Smiley Happy Very appreciated.