Super Contributor

So a long time ago (can't remember when) the question about how to use remoist was asked on here and it was mentioned that you need to "prime" the hair with a few pumps of cc before using the remoist. I think, not positive, but think that is also mentions priming with cc in the brochure or even on the back of the tub of remoist I have. I've always done this and have wondered how anyone sleeps with their hair sopping wet with all that cc and remoist on their head. Well...just this morning I was finally able to watch the Monday AM show that I DVR'd and Chaz didn't mention using any cc as a primer. He used just the remoist on the model's hair and even mentioned that by morning it would be dry if slept in overnight. Now I'm curious...how do you use your remoist?

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

Re: question about the remoist

I don't use a CC primer. I put it on freshly cleansed hair, put a plastic shower cap over it and leave it in for a few hours.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Priming isn't required, but if you do, it helps to stretch the ReMoist a little further. There's nothing wrong with applying the ReMoist directly to your hair without priming. When I ReMoist (pretty hit and miss these days), I'll squeeze the excess water from my hair before application. Otherwise, you could lose some from drippage. After I work the ReMoist through my hair, I twist and squeeze it into my hair, plop the length of my hair on top of my head and put a disposable processing cap on. If it gets left on for a real long time (several hours) it will harden on the surface. If you do it overnight that way, your head will get cold while you sleep. I've done it overnight and I've done it during the day - just whatever happens to work for me at the time.

Honored Contributor

You don't need to prime, it's an option. I've done it both ways. I don't sleep with anything in my hair though. Personally I've found just coconut oil is much more moisturizing for my hair than remoist anyway.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I just bought the large 8 oz. When I receive it I'm going to cleanse with CC, apply it to my wet hair & leave it on overnight. I will wait & wash my hair later in the day but early enough so it will dry before going to bed. Probably won't be completely dry just like when I use the oils. I will also wash it again the next day. In the presentation Chaz says you only need 1 tsp. He looked like he had more then 1 tsp in his hands when he applied it. Don't remember how long the models hair was that he applied it on. Guess I need to watch the show I recorded again. How much does everyone use? I guess it will differ depending on the length of your hair. Mine is about shoulder length. Another trial & error experience to see how much my hair needs. I don't blow dry my hair or use any styling tools. I do color my hair but mostly do root touch ups.

Trusted Contributor

It's not necessary to prime with CC...but doing so helps make the remoist last longer. Also before I apply remoist I gently squeeze the excess water from my hair.

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor

I don't prime, either. I do try to cleanse and ReMoist early enough in the evening that my hair is nearly dry before I go to bed.

Super Contributor

Thank you all!! I noticed that too Nightowlz...he said use 1 tsp and I was sitting there thinking it looked more like 2 or 3 Tbs he scooped up! I'll try not priming my next time and see if I can sleep in it...my hair is in some serious need of some extra moisture...thinking protein overload from daily use of the seasonals mixed with 613. Smiley Sad
-Walt Disney
Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 simollie said: Thank you all!! I noticed that too Nightowlz...he said use 1 tsp and I was sitting there thinking it looked more like 2 or 3 Tbs he scooped up! I'll try not priming my next time and see if I can sleep in it...my hair is in some serious need of some extra moisture...thinking protein overload from daily use of the seasonals mixed with 613. Smiley Sad

If I remember right, he said 1 Tbs for hair his length - about shoulder length - but was using twice that much because the model's hair was longer.

Super Contributor

so I dug out my older remoist in tt (hadn't used it in several months). I wanted to try an overnight as I ordered an 8oz in pom, which by the way is still process and I ordered it one week ago today...grrr! Tried the over night Friday. Did a full cleanse using wvm and scooped up probably 1 tbs and ran through my pony section. Wasn't sure how much to use so I scooped up a bit more and ran through again...used the left over on my hands for the rest of my hair. Clipped up and slept in it - btw my hair was almost dry when I went to bed. Rinsed on Saturday and...oh my! That combined with the mousse I tried for the first time and I have a new head of hair! It hasn't felt this soft in years! I love it!

-Walt Disney