Honored Contributor

I've never used them, I'm not tempted to but this is a serious question (from a city girl):   How can they have enough goat milk to make so many products in large quantities?   I know they use neighbors' goats too and that their products are not pure goat milk  but what else am I missing?  It seems to me they'd need a zillion goats.

Respected Contributor

Re: question about Beekman Boys

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

I've never used them, I'm not tempted to but this is a serious question (from a city girl):   How can they have enough goat milk to make so many products in large quantities?   I know they use neighbors' goats too and that their products are not pure goat milk  but what else am I missing?  It seems to me they'd need a zillion goats.

The bar soaps are great.  The hand cream is just ok.  Don't buy the tin  salve or whatever it is because it discolors and stained my comforter.  I don't even see where it's available anymore.  I think L'occitane is so much better.  I'll only buy the soaps. 

Respected Contributor

Can't answer that question - but the bar soap is AMAZING - the suds are frothy - light -the scents are delicious!  I cut one bar in half and it lasts me a couple of months.  Won't use anything else - my skin is not itcy in cold weather. 

Honored Contributor

My guess is they buy most of the goat milk used in their products.  They keep goats on their farm to maintain the fiction that their products are made with Beekman goats.  They're very good at marketing if nothing else!

Trusted Contributor

Probably very little milk in the finished product. I assume they may freeze it to use later and use when goats are fresh (late pregnancy and when they are nursing). Some goats give 3 quarts twice a day, they have alot of goats. I do not buy from my experience that 3 people do all that work at the farm, the house, store, gardens, goats. Not enough hours in a day. That said I love the bar soap.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

My guess is they buy most of the goat milk used in their products.  They keep goats on their farm to maintain the fiction that their products are made with Beekman goats.  They're very good at marketing if nothing else!

You are so right.  Great salesmen.  Products are average at best.  I tried them, but went back to Goat Milk Stuff.  Great quality, much cheaper, and fantastic customer service.

Honored Contributor

I just dont trust them, they say they use no mineral oil, but they DO!!!

Super Contributor

@brandiwine I agree with you about Goat Milk Stuff. Their products are fantastic, great prices and fabulous customer service! Will continue to buy from them.

Honored Contributor

I've tried quite a few of their products and I must say the bar soap is good, but the lotions, lip balms and wipes, not so much.

Respected Contributor

I love their soap and the face wash. The hand cream is just OK, I also love the body butter. They say they use powdered goat milk, I see goat milk is an ingredient in all of the products that I have. They are brilliant sales people and interesting to watch. I read that Dr. Brent teaches marketing in the local college. He also worked for Martha Stewart so he has a background in knowing how to make a product appealing. I like Josh's personality though, he seems to be the fun one. I don't care where they get their goat milk, I love their goat milk soap.