Regular Contributor

Im not a perfume person, but I love pure grace. However, it doesnt last at all. I'm trying to find something that smells like it. I've tried the CLEAN fragrances but they're all to citrusy for me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@erichu  Go over and read what all of us say about Amazing Grace.

We've complained forever how it used to hold it's smell and doesn't anymore.

Then, just recently someone explained here (much smarter than myself) that since Coty (the company) bought this company they (Coty) is not a perfume manufacturer.

Hence, that's why it no longer keeps it's smell.  You see we all go way back when the original lady who started the entire line of these products used to own the company and come on QVC.

It was wonderful and Amazing Grace lasted amazing.  But that's what she did.  You can read about her.  But then (like IT makeup) she sold the company and it hasn't been as good since.

I've lost the section where someone here finally explained to us why the scent doesn't last.

When my husband was alive he used to buy me Channel No. 5.  I loved it but after he died I stopped wearing it and started using Amazing Grace, then it was sold to Coty and the same thing happened like your Pure Grace.  Coty doesn't seem interested in making a scent that lasts like the company used to make.

Everyone everywhere (not just in QVC land) has complained about the Grace scents not lasting.  It's not just you and it's not just us here at QVC, it's people everywhere.

I doubt that it's going to change.  As for me, I've tried Clinique's Happy and Happy Heart and they're OK, but a bit strong.

I guess I'm going to bite the bullet (so to speak) and cough up the money for Channel No. 5 and start using it again.  Hopefully it's still the same.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

thanks for explaining. Its very frustrating. I guess I'll just settle for something I dont like as much, like CLEAN. At least it lasts.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I agree that since Coty bought the Philosophy Co., the scents do not last.  Even the shower gels are not the same.  I still have a lot of them, but it gets disappointing.  My DH also bought me Chanel No. 5 and I still have the last bottle and it is  still good.  I have read that the newer bottles are not the same.    (Same as we have all written here about Tova.)       I'm so disappointed in the Philosophy line.  I have most of the "Graces" , Falling In Love and Fresh Cream plus a huge amount of the shower gels.  The fragrances are definitely not the same and do not last.  (Christina Carlino was the lady that founded the Philosophy  Co.)

Honored Contributor

@erichu  If you use the body lotion and the Pure Grace fragrance it will last longer.  Fresh has some wonderful fragrances.  I am hooked on Sugar Lemon right now and Nordstrom has it in the travel size rollerball.  You can also check Nordstrom or Fresh.com to find out about the various fragrances available. They are not heavy scents but rather clean and fresh.  Even the Eau de Parfum don't last forever just a little longer than cologne.  It's the nature of the beast as they say.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Just for clarification, Coty has made perfumes since 1904, well before Philosophy ever existed. They are far more knowledgeable about fragrance than Philosophy. They still make them. However, new reg.s have made companies reformulate to meet new spec.s. As for as Philosophy, it's possible they took the original formula with them as part of the sale, so that Coty couldn't keep it the same. It seems when most companies are sold, nearly everything is reformulated. 

Honored Contributor

@erichu  - Try Amazing Grace.  I wear AG body lotion followed by Amazing Grace EDT and I get compliments to this day. I spray the EDT on my body, clothes and hair.

Respected Contributor

@erichuIf you want a light airy scent that also contains Bergamont, Lavender, Jasmine, I would suggest getting a sample of Mon Querlain Florale Perfume or the Toilette version. It's a light fresh scent without the smell of citrus. Do you smell the lavender in Pure Grace? The Original Mon Querlain's dry down is more vanilla lavender than the Florale which mantains the lavender & Jasmine. Other than that, Clean scents would be an option or 7 virtues sold at Sephora.

Esteemed Contributor

I do enjoy Pure Grace, also, and find I get best results when I layer - I do whipped body creme on upper, lotion on lower, and follow with spritz or spray (on body, hair, and clothes).  It's still a favorite of mine, given that Coty bought Philosophy in 2010.

Good luck finding something that  works for you.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

A close girlfriend of mine has worn Amazing Grace for years, ever since I have known her, over 10 years now, and I can always smell it on her, and she uses the lotion and the spray... I sprayed Pure Grace on when in Ulta a few weeks ago, and could smell it hours later, and my husband said he could smell it as well.....So I love Pure Grace, but I would buy it along with the lotion to layer......to make sure the scent stayed with me......