Contributor

products for nose to mouth lines and for firming

Any recommendations for a skin care product that help with firming and plumping the skin, and also the nose to mouth lines. I know that there are no miracle serums or creams, but has anyone found anything helpful.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: products for nose to mouth lines and for firming

Treating that area around the mouth to make it firm with less lines requires more than just creams. Usually laser treatments and fillers are your best options. I've had laser treatments for skin tightening and I also use tretinoin (Retin-A). No fillers. That works for me.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mitchell wrote:

Any recommendations for a skin care product that help with firming and plumping the skin, and also the nose to mouth lines. I know that there are no miracle serums or creams, but has anyone found anything helpful.

Thanks

@Mitchell  PEPTIDES!  I apply Elysee Fountain of Youth Wrinkle Resist in key spots before my AM and PM treatments.  It comes in a little roller bottle or you can remove the roller and just tap it on with your finger.  Part of my AM routine includes the Elysee Fountain of Youth Soothing Line Diminishing Gel (has 40% peptides).  In the PM, part of my routine includes Skinn Pep 40 Serum and Skinn Pep 40 Creme Riche (they each have 40% peptides too).

Contributor

What have you seen better results with the Elysee or Skinn products?

Honored Contributor

I use a product by Acure Organics which is a balm.  I use it once a day sometimes twice about the lip and massage in.  It does not firm if that is what you are looking for.  This balm gives the skin all kinds of good ingredients.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Treating that area around the mouth to make it firm with less lines requires more than just creams. Usually laser treatments and fillers are your best options. I've had laser treatments for skin tightening and I also use tretinoin (Retin-A). No fillers. That works for me.Woman Happy

@SilleeMeeis absolutely correct.   I have a thin, narrow face, and I use Voluma®.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Mitchell wrote:

Thanks

@Mitchell. Sorry. Other than Retin A, there are no skin care products that will firm and plump. Retin A can only do so much. It must be used religiously, in a prescription strength and over a reasonable amount of time. False promises are made to sell those creams. 

Honored Contributor

Only thing that will plumb/fill any lines/ wrinkles is a needle. all other stuff is hype!!!

Honored Contributor

I did find two other things, other than the others I mentioned earlier. Although not for everyone, microneedling has really helped smooth my skin and I know it helps keep my skin from sagging by keeping my collagen stimulated. This also made some of my lines completely disappear. The other thing I found to be of great anti-aging value is taking a supplement called phytoceramides. This supplement has many good things about it but the biggest good thing for me is that it helps my skin retain moisture and this makes my skin look plumper with less lines. Skin stays hydrated longer and I'm definitely not using nearly as much moisturizing products as I used to. 

Honored Contributor

The only way to get rid of those lines is surgery. Heck, by the time a person pays for all the super expensive products that don't work , you could go ahead and pay for a face lift - which does work.