Honored Contributor

My go to is YSL blurring primer. It’s definitely one of the most expensive products that I use but it’s been worth it. 

Honored Contributor

I like Philosophy's new primer.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked Two Faced Primed and Poreless ... which I've been told has been discontinued (such a drag). I liked the Primed and Poreless because it 'blurred' the pores on my nose. I've got into the habbit of just using a tinted moisturizer (Dr. Denese) and then a bit of the Primed and Poreless ... set it w/ a setting spray and I was good to go for 12 hours.

Since Sephora didn't have the Primed and Poreless, I picked up small sizes of Primed and Peachy and Hangover and I do not care for them at all. The primed and peachy did that thing where it balls up on your face. Ugh. The hangover is too moisturizing for my face and produced a nice pimple. Ugh.

So now I'm in the market for a primer that blurs (if that's the right term) and has a bit of flesh color. Is there such a primer anyone can recommend?

TIA.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I am not a big fan of primer or spf because I just hate all the layers on my oily combination skin. However, I found a primer that has an spf of 30.  It is Coola mineral primer.  If you like hourglass mineral primer you might like this.  I have heard it is a dupe.  So far it is my favorite primer and spf.

Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357-- I recommend Mally's Perfect Prep Neutralizing Primer.  For me, just one pump hides my sunspots and blotches  It evens out my skin tone very nicely.  If you pat it on instead of rubbing it, it will camoflage large pores.  Since it's lightly tinted, I sometimes wear it alone as my foundation.  

It's kind of pricey on QVC, but one tube will last me several months since I don't use it every day.  Some Kohl's may still carry Mally products. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My makeup’s rarely on for more than 6-8 hrs., so I find primer not necessary for longevity. I also don’t like an extra step/layer.

A primer can be useful if skin is oily and foundation oxidizes...it can serve as a barrier. If a complexion has a lot of texture issues, primer may be helpful. The ones with radiance are not for my age and the “glow” is lost once makeup is applied...a true mystery product that IMO is not necessary.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I am not a big fan of primer or spf because I just hate all the layers on my oily combination skin. However, I found a primer that has an spf of 30.  It is Coola mineral primer.  If you like hourglass mineral primer you might like this.  I have heard it is a dupe.  So far it is my favorite primer and spf.

@chiclet   Here I go again. To get the benefits of your sunscreen, the primer w/ spf must be worn on neck & chest, too. If we’re all here in 10 yrs., those who thought I was kidding, please let me know how your face looks compared to your neck.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@kate2357-- I recommend Mally's Perfect Prep Neutralizing Primer.  For me, just one pump hides my sunspots and blotches  It evens out my skin tone very nicely.  If you pat it on instead of rubbing it, it will camoflage large pores.  Since it's lightly tinted, I sometimes wear it alone as my foundation.  

It's kind of pricey on QVC, but one tube will last me several months since I don't use it every day.  Some Kohl's may still carry Mally products. 

@tototwo 

Thank you for your recommendation. I will check out Mally's primer.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I’ve been using E.L.F poreless primer for a year or two and like it a lot. My pores are less noticeable and it makes my tinted moisturizer go on more smoothly. The one I use looks the palest pink in the bottle, but they have other versions. I really like this one because it doesn’t cause breakouts or milia on my oily acne prone skin which happened with other primers I tried. It’s very inexpensive too.

Honored Contributor

I recently switched back (again) to using Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel Powder as my facial primer after trying several different primers of varied prices from a few inexpensive ones by Elf to a very expensive one by Tatcha. They were all pretty bad, none were comparable to the Monistat, which, admittedly, is not even supposed to be a primer.