Respected Contributor
I have two primers. The Elf Jellypop Dew Primer, which is a tacky gel which dries down quickly. It works nicely under other products and helps to control my oily T-zone. The other is the Skinn Orchid Gel Primer. It's purple but goes clear on the face and dries down quickly as well and also helps to control oil and shine.
Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie  I've tried Too-Faced primer and imo it wasn't uniquely special.  It was ok, but not one I would buy after trying the one which came in a set.  My first foray into the category now known as primers was a long ago retired Lancome product called Face Base.  When Smashbox came out their original primer is very similar to that Lancome product.  of course since every brand has a primer these days I have tried quite a few.  The notables for me are: Smashbox, Urban Decay, and I agree with @wilma , the E.L.F. primers are terrific.  All that said, Laura Geller's Spackle is my favorite.  On my skin it gives me the smoothest layer to add over skincare and under makeup in addition.  Ethereal Spackle is my favorite, but I also like Champagne, Bronze, original, and Even Tone.