Valued Contributor

Was it Two Faced that is known for its primer?If you have it is it good

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Was it Two Faced that is known for its primer?If you have it is it good

@mollymaggie   Not sure primer put Too Faced on the map. There are many other good primers on the market. Try Laura Mercier, Smashbox, Laura Geller, Mally, etc.

Trusted Contributor

I love Hourglass mineral veil primer and Laura Geller Hydrating spackle. 

Respected Contributor

Too Faced is known for many things, especuially their bronzers and their peach collections. Many people like their HangoverRX primer.

But when I think of companies known for primer, I think of Hourglass, Smashbox, and Laura Geller.  

Which primer you want depends on what you want youor primer to accomplish (illuminating, mattifying, filling in pores, color correction, hydrsating. etc.) and what ingredients you prefer - some people hate silicon-based primers and some love them.

I like Becca First Light and Back Light or L'Oreal Magic Lumi primers for illumination. Bare Minerals and L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base are good for smoothing skin before makeup. Revlon Photoready primers are also good as a general primer. That's what I used for a wedding party I was in and, when combined with a longwear matte foundation and Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, my makeup held up through the heat and humidity of an Atlanta summer afternoon and evening rainstorm. I was sweating a river and my makeup held.

Honored Contributor

Smashbox has their Photo Finish primers. Those have been very popular in the past. Holly Mordini, former rep for SB, was the first mua who started me on wearing a primer way back when. It was sold on the Q years ago and is still sold here.

Honored Contributor

I remember it being Smashbox.  I've never used it tho.  I read here and bought the "dupe" for a less expensive Smashbox primier...Monistat Chafing Gel.  Please don't ask if it's ok to put yeast infection medication on  your face...PLEASE!  I've never used any other primer so I don't know what I'm missing (if anything) but it works good for me.

Respected Contributor

When I do wear Primer, I only have one that I prefer which is Smashbox w spf 20. 

Respected Contributor

The Too Faced Hangover primer is pretty good. It is not siliconey like so many others. I don't love any primer all that much but this one is one of the better ones I've tried.  The corresponding setting spray is also good although it smells awful.

Super Contributor

I use Mary Kay primer, it's works for me. It's 20 spf.

Esteemed Contributor

What are you trying to accomplish with a primer?  Different primers serve different purposes.  I have primers to neutralize, and primers to control oil... for example.

I will always recommend trying one of Mally's primers.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt