Honored Contributor

Re: philosophy's new Honey and Cream?

I have been using the Honey and Cream for the last three days. Here is my review. 

3 in 1 is the color of pure honey. It lathers wonderfully, and has a light scent of pure honey. I used the pump, and transferred into one of my very soft 6 ounce Philosophy 3 in 1 bottles. 

The body creme has a very nice light texture that is like whipped honey and cream. Light scent, but definitely there. 

The spritz is the honey on the cake, with a medium level of honey amd cream. 

This set is a definite winner. Not sugary sweet. Very sophisticated. 

I am a long time Philosophy user, and Fresh Cream along with Lemon Custard are among my favorites. This new Honey and Cream rates a 10 +++, for me. 

Honored Contributor

The two I purchased recently and are heavenly are Lemon Custard and Vanilla Fig.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Thank you all for your replies. I considered ordering it but refrained because the only Fresh Cream I like is the shower gel. The other forms did not appeal to me.

I'm glad you mentioned the other forms @wonderfulworld.  While I love the shower gel and the spritz on their own, I feel the souffle cream has no scent at all.  At least I cannot smell it.  It does not come alive for me until I use the spritz along with it. 

I also use the Honey and Cream souffle and mix it with Sweet Vanilla Fig souffle -- the result is wonderful!!!  So for me, I definitely need to layer another something with the H&C cream .

That sounds like an interesting combination. I can see why they might go well together.

The reason I dislike the other forms is because to me they smell like burnt sweetened condensed milk. For some reason the shower gel has more of an eggnog type spice to it that I quite like.

@wonderfulworld, it's funny how different everyone's nose is because I love Fresh Cream body lotion and fragrance.  It's smells more like a warm vanilla sugar to me.

The Fresh Cream shower gel is what I cannot stand because to me that is what smells like soured milk.  LOL

This is so true! I love the body wash, lotion, and souffle, but I don't like the Fresh Cream spritz because it mostly smells like alcohol to me. I do like the Lemon Custard and Apricots & Cream spritzes, just not Fresh Cream.

Impossible to please everyone.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The two I purchased recently and are heavenly are Lemon Custard and Vanilla Fig.   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1  I have the Lemon-Custard in the body spritz, whipped body cream and shower gel and it's my all time favorite. I love it! I did not order the tsv as I have plenty for back up. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. Probably a 

good thing I didn't get it. E

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Thank you all for your replies. I considered ordering it but refrained because the only Fresh Cream I like is the shower gel. The other forms did not appeal to me.

I'm glad you mentioned the other forms @wonderfulworld.  While I love the shower gel and the spritz on their own, I feel the souffle cream has no scent at all.  At least I cannot smell it.  It does not come alive for me until I use the spritz along with it. 

I also use the Honey and Cream souffle and mix it with Sweet Vanilla Fig souffle -- the result is wonderful!!!  So for me, I definitely need to layer another something with the H&C cream .

That sounds like an interesting combination. I can see why they might go well together.

The reason I dislike the other forms is because to me they smell like burnt sweetened condensed milk. For some reason the shower gel has more of an eggnog type spice to it that I quite like.

@wonderfulworld, it's funny how different everyone's nose is because I love Fresh Cream body lotion and fragrance.  It's smells more like a warm vanilla sugar to me.

The Fresh Cream shower gel is what I cannot stand because to me that is what smells like soured milk.  LOL

When Fresh Cream first came out so many said it had the scent of soured milk.  I canceled my shipment that would have included it.  Much later it became such a big hit that they went super and gigantic size.  I do like it and I like the Fresh Cream lotion too.   Lately I'm more hesitant to buy Philosophy from TV.  I don't think the scents are as good as they were years ago.  A dept. store had the Lemon Custard at a reduced price a few months ago, so I bought it as I could return it at no cost.  I was glad I ordered more than one as I do like it.

Super Contributor

You just can't beat Lemon Custard! Wish they'd bring back the hand cream!!!

Respected Contributor

You know I wonder what QVC does when cosmetics and shower gels are returned? I suppose they must throw them away. The profit margin must be pretty high for them to be able to return the money and still make a decent profit.

Esteemed Contributor

When I received the Honey and Cream, I did not care for the scent. After using it a couple of times I found that I liked the soft scent. I have not used the spritz but I do like the scent. I think sometimes it takes a few tries to realize the smell. My favorites are Fresh Cream and Lemon Custard. I have not tried the Sweet Vanilla Fig but I am tempted. I did like the scent of Falling in Love but this seems to have disappeared from their line. I do like Philosophy scents and order when they are a TSV.

Respected Contributor

I wish they would bring back the large tubes of hand cream in Amazing Grace and Pure Grace. I haven't seen those in years.