Frequent Contributor

Re: paula's choice tsv - the aftermath - what do you think?

I love it! The serum goes on like silk I use it at night and use the it cream I bought in the day along with cc cream. I love it all.

maryJo Ut.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used the kit 3 nights in a row and my skin has turned painfully dry...cracked/peeling.  I obviously stopped using it and figure I will start slowly introducing the products every other night.   Anyone else have this reaction?  Any suggestions for me?  My skin looked great after day 2, but now is a mess. 

Super Contributor

You definitely need to introduce retinol slowly. Probably like once a week for a few weeks, then twice a week for a few weeks, etc. I've used it for a couple of years and still only use it once or twice a week.
Contributor

I will try once a week then and go very slowly!  Thank you for the advice!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SKV wrote:

I will try once a week then and go very slowly!  Thank you for the advice!  

@SKV, did you start using both the BHA and the retinol products in the kit? If so, I would stop using anything but a gentle cleanser and moisturizer until you skin has returned and stayed normal for a few days.

Then I would add just the BHA product but do so gradually. Once you know it's fine for you, then you can introduce retinol very slowly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I am so BUMMED! I'm brand spankin' new to Paula's Choice (as in...my first trial set). Now, I understand what y'all rave about! I so wish I would have purchased the TSV, although at $61 it is still a good price in my opinion. I've been using PTR and his products are pricey, so anything sounds inexpensive when compared to his line.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I also bought the TSV - I'm speechless - her products are well priced and OMG - they work!!!!  Where has she been all these years?  Now, I hope she doesn't go over-board with her product line and constantly be making practically the same thing only to say it is doing something new.  Like Perricone and even Philosophy....they have expanded their product line to the point who wants it and what does it REALLY do?There is only so much new a body can take and have it work!  So suffice to say, at this point in the game, her products are a WINNER!

Respected Contributor

@SKV wrote:

I used the kit 3 nights in a row and my skin has turned painfully dry...cracked/peeling.  I obviously stopped using it and figure I will start slowly introducing the products every other night.   Anyone else have this reaction?  Any suggestions for me?  My skin looked great after day 2, but now is a mess. 

@SKV ....  YES!!!!!!  Not that extreme, but enough so that I was going to start a post.  My upper cheekbone area is swollen and painful.  I've been using all three products for four or five nights.  Won't use it tonight at all.  

My question for the experts is.... Which product is the culprit?  With only 30 days to test the kit, I'd like to figure it out quickly!!!!!

Just another comment on the products, and nothing to do with efficacy, since I haven't had enough time to test it thoroughly, I don't like the feel of the serum.  It's so thick and siliconey!  I do love the serum dispenser, though!

Super Contributor

Have only used 2 nights but am hoping I see some results in a week or two.

(I hope).

Super Contributor

@ItsME it's most likely the retinol causing the most irritation.