Valued Contributor

Re: pat's gorgeous white teeth

On 4/5/2015 Daysdee said:
On 4/5/2015 hulagirl said:

Probably nothing topical......maybe new crowns or caps (or whatever they call things these days). I remember the same reaction to Mary Beth a few months back......she also had new teeth.

I'm sure I'll be "blasted" for this, but I don't think the teeth on either of them look good. Nice to have white teeth, but these don't look natural and look too large. Must be veneers (or?) rather than just having their teeth whitened. (I do like both of them as hosts.)

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I agree too fake looking.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

I don't care for veneers.

Esteemed Contributor

A few weeks ago, viewers posted that they thought she had plastic surgery because her mouth looked distorted and swollen; she said she had a dental procedure and now her teeth are noticeably white. Plus she over did the faux tan
Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Porcelain Doll said:

I noticed the same thing during Friday Night Beauty. Definitely very white and bright! For a moment I'd wondered had she gotten veneers.

I noticed too, but couldn't decide what she had done. I kept thinking maybe it was my imagination,lol...guess not!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/5/2015 IControlMyHappiness said:

I have veneers and I'm so pleased it was WORTH THE MONEY!!!

I heard when you get veneers they grind your teeth down to stumps, is that true?

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/5/2015 birkin baby said: I happened to turn the channel just as Pat was selling philosophy. First thing I noticed was her uber white teeth. It reminded me of the episode of friends when Ross bleached his teeth..lol.

hahahaha.......i agree...i thought they were WAY too white!!

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

I heard when you get veneers they grind your teeth down to stumps, is that true?

Not with veneers, they're just a thin layer laid over the top of your teeth and cemented on. With crowns (AKA caps) the teeth are ground down a bit so it can be adhered over the top of the tooth and not take up too much room. Both are pretty expensive but give the 'white' look that I, personally, love to see and wish I had!!

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Kachina624 said: Too white. Looks unnatural.

Experts say that for the most natural appearance, they shouldn't be whiter than the whites of your eyes.

A good rule to remember.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/7/2015 dionline said:
On 4/5/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Not with veneers, they're just a thin layer laid over the top of your teeth and cemented on. With crowns (AKA caps) the teeth are ground down a bit so it can be adhered over the top of the tooth and not take up too much room. Both are pretty expensive but give the 'white' look that I, personally, love to see and wish I had!!

I have veneers on the on 6 of my front top teeth. They do not grind your teeth to stups...but they they do file your teeth down. Once you have veneers you must maintain them. The procedure is not reversible. They last anywhere between 10-20 years. I am going to get mine replaced hopefully this year some time...before my DH retires. It gets expensive especially doing the procedure the 2nd of 3rd time.