Contributor

My most recent Wen order placed on 3/2023 for 2 of the 20oz body creams special is dated 2018 on the bottom of the jars.  Has anyone else discovered this.  Wondering if product can still be used.  Very discomforting to have found this as Wen body creams are generally excellent.

Thanks for your reply.

Honored Contributor

Re: out dated beauty products

@Silhouettes shadow   "Wondering if product can still be used."

Why are you wondering?  confused.gif  Call the manufacturer up & ask them.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I use some expired stuff. Depends on what it is. If it doesn't have a funny smell, if it's not separating or has a weird color to it then I use it. I try to use it up fast b/c some the antibacterial/antifungal preservatives are on their last legs.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silhouettes shadow     I was reading some reviews today that mentioned the exact same thing.   That is not very good.  I was planning to order HIS honey Lilac Fragrance abd body cream today but now I'm wondering if I should 

Contributor

Appreciate the feedback.  I did place a call to customer service and have been waiting for them to call back.  I have noticed where many have wriiten in about past due product dates and it appears that they too have not received an answer to the delima.  If I do get a call back, I will post what Wen customer service advises me to do.

Take care & "Be Blessed"

Silhouettes Midnight Shadow

Honored Contributor

I have WEN from WAY back...I was stocking way too much, but the kits have such great prices!

Have never had a problem, smell, separation or any issues what-so-ever.

Honored Contributor

I had read that sometimes the dates on the bottles are the manufacturing date.

Not sure if that is with Wen. 

Just dug out the Wen bottle that I have. I have not used it in quite awhile because I didn't like it. Since it has a date of June 2022. That can no way be the manufacturing date.

Wonder how you could have gotten such old product. That is almost 5 years. How does it smell?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silhouettes shadow 

If you're referring to the 319 Body Treatment, I'm using one of those 20oz jars right now.  It's fine, I even use it on my face.  

If you're not happy with them, send them back as defective and note the reason.

ETA:  That is the manufacture date, not an expiration date.  

Respected Contributor

@Silhouettes shadow I would contact customer service to ask about the date on the bottom of the jar. Five years is a long time to sit in a warehouse. Why were they shipped is the key question.

Honored Contributor

Rotating stock in the warehouse has to be done on a regular basis so old products can be discarded. My guess is that the warehouse people didn't do their job or there weren't enough warehouse workers to keep up with product rotation.