Super Contributor

ot: just found out aunt died 3 years ago.....

and NO ONE told me. ?????{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.scared}

my dad died when i was young, from a bad situation, and i had never been around those folks very much.

when i was in college, i got a get well card intended for my dads mom. our names are almost identical, and the nurse at the hospital forwarded it to me by mistake. we were in the same town at the time and i didnt even know it until i got the card.

and i was able to actually spend some time with my grandma before she died. which was a blessing. after her death i was sad, because the only person i had left on that side of the family was my aunt judy. she was always glad to see me even though i always got the impression that my presence made them uncomfortable, because of my dad's death.

i have sent Christmas cards over the years, and dont think i sent one to her in the last year or two.

so, today i got a card from her husband. he has never written me a card. his was the only signature on the card. so i googled my aunts name, and found her obituary!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

i am so sad and shocked that no one thought of me to tell me she was sick or that she had died.

i just dont even know how to feel. i cannot believe that someone didnt think at the funeral, "hey did anyone call marguerite and tell her her aunt died???"

i am sure there are reasons, but i am really sad and feel bad. i have spent my whole life being estranged from that side of my family, and have been the one to try to make the en-roads for some sort of relationship. so i am also angry that it didnt occur to anyone in over 3 years to tell me she died!!!!!!

thanks for letting me share this on here,

i certainly wasnt about to put it on some of the other boards.

has anyone else had a situation similar to this???

belleandme

+