Honored Contributor

? on IT cosmetics -- possible allergic reaction for me

I bought the TSV recently and used the "confidence in a cream" and the bye bye concealer -- crazy thing my eyes are "irritated" and "burning".  Any ideas?  I rarely wear eye make-up.

I know it's unscented (I'm highly allergic to many scents).  Has anyone else had/having this reaction?  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: ? on IT cosmetics -- possible allergic reaction for me

Yes! Experienced allergic reaction to "confidence in a cream" not unscented. 

Honored Contributor

Confidence in a Cream is not unscented. It has lots of scent ingredients like limonene, linalool, bergamot oil, and citrus oils. I wouldn't get any of those near my eyes. Or are you referring to Confidence in an Eye Cream?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I bought the TSV recently and used the "confidence in a cream" and the bye bye concealer -- crazy thing my eyes are "irritated" and "burning".  Any ideas?  I rarely wear eye make-up.

I know it's unscented (I'm highly allergic to many scents).  Has anyone else had/having this reaction?  Thank you!

Yes, IT products do not agree with my skin.   I have used Confidence in a Cream and IT CC Cream, and both of them break me out.  I am staying away from IT products.

Esteemed Contributor

I was silly enough to buy the cream once and ended up throwing it out.  Check out the ingredients.  All that and the kitchen sink.  At least for me it was not hydrating enough either.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@homedecor1 You’d think since they “work with plastic surgeons” their products would be of higher quality. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@homedecor1 You’d think since they “work with plastic surgeons” their products would be of higher quality. 

They are high quality. Not every product is going to agree with everyone. Everyone has different skin. I have no issues with their products but some do.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your replies!  I thought the face cream had a slight scent but I'm thinking it's the "bye bye undereye concealer".  It does cover yet very thick and that's what I used "under my eyes".

I'm going to call CS and see if I can they will waive the shipping fees as it will be $11.00 to return☹️

Super Contributor

Sorry you are having that reaction. 

I tried a sample of Confidence in a Cream on my hands and it made them “tingle” a little, not quite hurt but burn just slightly, so I knew not to buy it as I would never be able to use it on my face. 

I use Bye Bye Undereye and it irritates my eyes if it gets into them so I always dust some setting powder over top then it’s fine. 

I am sensitive to a lot of products out there, not sure exactly what the culprits are. 

Honored Contributor

I am so careful of eye products ,and sometimes, just because they are expensive, doesn't mean they won't irritate  you

I always stick with Maybelline, and  L'oreal ,because they never bother me