Respected Contributor

Re: off Topic- I need a ground coffee recommendation.

On 10/27/2014 CindyinNC said:

Always a caffeine addict (diet coke), and never drank coffee - and enjoyed it - until I was in my early 40s.

I like Folgers. But I also buy Dunkin Donuts coffee - at the Dunkin Donuts store, not the grocery store.

Also have found that most home coffee makers do not heat the water hot enough to brew well. I use an old Braun single cup coffee maker purchased in the 90's. To get the same taste in my BF single brewer, we have to use 2 scoops of coffee instead of one.

I got a single serve one from target. a cheap one but it heats up super hot

Valued Contributor

On 10/27/2014 kcladyz said:

It was decaf starbucks I used and I was suprised that I hated it. i probably need to try something already flavored. Anyone try pumpkin spice from dunken donuts?

I did and it was pretty good!
Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Valued Contributor

We love Costco's Kirkland brand. Before discovering Kirkland, we used Yuban (okay), and a long time ago, I used SLO Roast from Central Coast Coffee (don't know if they are still in Los Osos CA or not). That was some great coffee!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

I got busy and never finished my post--but maybe some people like me who don't life coffee would like espresso! You never know!

Super Contributor

Upgraded Self Bulletproof Coffee. It is sooooo smooth and delicious. More expensive but worth it.

https://www.upgradedself.com/coffee

Respected Contributor

I just tried dunkin donuts pumpkin no flavor even after adding a ton of pumpkin creamer.

I guess i am destined to be chained to starbucks lattes brewed in person. I am going to try a hazelnut. If that does not work i might as well give up lol

Respected Contributor

On 10/27/2014 beautyq said:

Upgraded Self Bulletproof Coffee. It is sooooo smooth and delicious. More expensive but worth it.

https://www.upgradedself.com/coffee

Never had heard of this before, so checked it out - do you use the oil and butter?

I switched to organic coffee a while back because of the pesticide use, but wonder if I still am getting what I really want.

It is that different even when drinking it black?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

There are a lot of good coffees beyond Starbuck's! Go to your grocery store and spend some time on the coffee aisle. DH and I enjoy trying different "better" coffee brands and usually shop what's one sale and/or what we have coupons for. Our personal favorite is Gevalia; we love to mix a bag of Gevalia breakfast blend and a bag of Gevalia Expresso to get a coffee that's both smooth and toasty. Delicious! We also enjoy Seattle's Best, Eight o'Clock, Caribou, Community, and others. Try some different labels over the next few weeks and months and see what you like best.