Valued Contributor

Re: o/t the bachelorette?????

ibb8 thanks for the link. I think this interview showed a more real and natural aspect of their relationship. Obviously Josh doesn't have a big issue with Andi, just with Nick being a no class guy. I think most people in their 30's have been around enough to know that people sleep together without it meaning they are loose women or that this is a sign they are definitely committing to the guy. Maybe she needed to see if her attraction to Nick was real. Guess it wasn't. The point is, Nick didn't have to blurt it out on live tv and come across like a cad. Has he ever slept with a woman that he didn't marry?????

Respected Contributor

Well I'm still holding out the theory that it's all an act (which also makes me never want to watch again). I was completely grossed out by Nick from the beginning and felt that anyone with any sense would be too{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I feel that Andi wouldn't have let Nick anywhere NEAR her in the Fantasy Suite, but this whole lie was concocted (by the show writers) to bring more drama to the event.

Producer to Andi: "You HAVE to say this. Here's the script .... [Nick will say you made love, you act shocked and say that was 'below the belt', yada yada]. You're under contract! We OWN you! It's okay. Josh will understand and your reputation will heal with time."{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Just happened to tune into Access Hollywood today when Billy Bush was interviewing Nick. He asked him point plank about his remarks and if he was told to say what he said on the show. Nick said he was "absolutely" not told what to say, that there was no one in his ear prompting him and that the moment Andi broke up with him all he could think about was why did she make love with him if she was not going to choose him and he felt he had to ask her this. He felt the answers he was getting from her were cold and he wanted to make her give him a real answer. He will also be on the show tonight and tomorrow. Looks like he's out there trying to get publicity and keep the salacious remarks going no matter how bad it makes him look!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Nick was the odd man out from day one, I doubted RS's spoiler of the final two. Even after seeing the airplane video! But he was spot on!

There's an internet rumor going around that he's being considered for the next Bachelor- I hope not!! {#emotions_dlg.crying} Seems like the producers want to extend the drama a bit more.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 santorini said:

Well I'm still holding out the theory that it's all an act (which also makes me never want to watch again). I was completely grossed out by Nick from the beginning and felt that anyone with any sense would be too{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. I feel that Andi wouldn't have let Nick anywhere NEAR her in the Fantasy Suite, but this whole lie was concocted (by the show writers) to bring more drama to the event.

Producer to Andi: "You HAVE to say this. Here's the script .... [Nick will say you made love, you act shocked and say that was 'below the belt', yada yada]. You're under contract! We OWN you! It's okay. Josh will understand and your reputation will heal with time."{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This is what I think too. I'm not even sure anything happened in the FS with either one of the guys. The producers want us to think it did. I believe we'll never know unless one of them tells us a few years from now after the contract has expired.

And I don't think Nick is going to admit on national TV that producers told him to say such things. That would spoil the myth for a lot of people and Fleiss would be mad. Everyone's talking about this - we are here, it's all over the Internet. People will want to know what happens to Andi, Josh, Nick, Chris, etc. THAT's what Fleiss wants!

I still feel bad for Nick that so many people think he's something he's probably not, but there's nothing I can do about it. Even Nikki (Juan Pablo's F1) wrote that the producers told him to say that.

I know a lot of us disagree - but I really AM enjoying the discussion! Thank you! Smile

Respected Contributor

On 7/30/2014 virgosun said:

Just happened to tune into Access Hollywood today when Billy Bush was interviewing Nick. He asked him point plank about his remarks and if he was told to say what he said on the show. Nick said he was "absolutely" not told what to say, that there was no one in his ear prompting him and that the moment Andi broke up with him all he could think about was why did she make love with him if she was not going to choose him and he felt he had to ask her this. He felt the answers he was getting from her were cold and he wanted to make her give him a real answer. He will also be on the show tonight and tomorrow. Looks like he's out there trying to get publicity and keep the salacious remarks going no matter how bad it makes him look!

oh come on ladies, it's not making love, it was just "s*x", roll in the hay or anything else they may call it. I think he was using the word "love" loosely.

Respected Contributor

I'm educated and I say "icky" all the time. Icky, icky, icky!Smile

Valued Contributor

If Nick just said that no one was telling him what to say or prompting him on After The Final Rose, than why do you refuse to believe that he just could be the classless, undignified cad he appeared to be? He seems consumed with his own misery at not being chosen and has set the bar so low that now all future bachelorettes will have to worry that whatever they do in private will be thrown in their faces on the final show.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 virgosun said:

If Nick just said that no one was telling him what to say or prompting him on After The Final Rose, than why do you refuse to believe that he just could be the classless, undignified cad he appeared to be? He seems consumed with his own misery at not being chosen and has set the bar so low that now all future bachelorettes will have to worry that whatever they do in private will be thrown in their faces on the final show.

The producers can spin it any way they want. That's why I can't believe. It's in the contract:

I have been informed and understand that I should be prepared for anything, at any time during the production of the Series and that the Series may involve “twists” and that that Producer may make misrepresentations intentionally or unintentionally concerning the Series and/or any element or aspect of the Series. Said misrepresentations may be made by, without limitation, Producer, Host, other Series Participants, Producer’s affiliates and/or other parties connected to the show.

Knowledge of Potential Embarrassment and Surprises: I acknowledge that interviews on or in connection with the Series may consist of another Participant and/or my statements about other Participants, personal relationships and, perhaps, the opinions and statements of my family and/or friends and other people connected with the Series, and that some of these statements and/or statements by the host of the Series, Producer or Producer’s employees or agents or others may be considered surprising, humiliating, embarrassing, derogatory, defamatory, or otherwise offensive or injurious to me, the viewing audience, Producer or Producer’s employees or agents and/or other third parties.”

There is a five million dollar penalty clause for the contestants if they break the contract.

I personally don't believe Nick has any choice in what he is saying now. He cannot say they told him to do it. Most viewers believe everything is as it seems. How would it look for the show if a contestant said, "Well, I didn't want to say it but the producers told me to." Of course he's going to give interviews and make everyone think he said this on his own.

From Nikki's twitter:

Nikki Ferrell raged against Bachelor andBachelorette producers via Twitter on Monday, July 28, branding the show #trash and asking "How do [they] sleep at night?"

The cause of Ferrell's outrage was ABC's After the Final Rose special which saw runner-up Nick Viallshock Ferrell's buddy Andi Dorfman with the revelation that they had slept together during their time in the Fantasy Suite.

A devastated Viall came face to face with Dorfman to ask, “Feeling like you did, if you knew how in love with you I was, why did you make love with me?"

"Gee I wonder who told Nick to say that....," raged Ferrell after the show. "How the producers of @BachelorABC sleep at night is beyond me. #trash."

Valued Contributor

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree beach mom. You are going to hang on to every word in that contract as what decides every word spoken by every person on the show and I still believe that contract or not, if a guy is honorable and decent and has class he is going to find a way to speak that does not involve humiliating himself and throwing the girl in question under the bus. Let's see what happens if Farmer Chris is indeed the next Bachelor. I think he has enough pride in himself as a person to do the honorable thing when it comes to making his choices and how he conducts himself on/off camera.