Super Contributor
hey beauties, need some recommendations please. have my second printer in 4mo.'s time. Epson xp-800...H O R R I B L E!!!!! never works right, guzzles ink by the gallon, needs head cleaning constantly etc. would love to have your recommendations for a great household printer. need it for printing pics, school stuff, craft projects, occasional scanning. tell me you have a great printer, please! tia ~snowkita
Honored Contributor

We like Canon printers. Will only buy a printer that uses individual ink cartridges so we don't have to change the cartridge just because one color is out in an all in one color cartridge. We are using Canon MG5520 photo all in one inkjet printer & like it so far. We paid about $80 & it's $150 on the Canon site. Amazon has it for $55 free shipping. We also have the Canon ip3500. We received it free when we bought something at Staples. It has been a good printer. Have not printed photos with it yet so don't know how it works on those. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-MG5520-Wireless-All-In-One-Printing/dp/B00EHDZMGI

Respected Contributor

Epson ink is pigment ink. If you don't use it regularly you will have clogged heads. I have a cannon or you could just buy regular dye ink for your printer on Amazon for much cheaper. Most people don't print their pictures at home anymore, so the expensive ink isn't really needed for most people. Go to Amazon and search for ink for your printer. You will find a wide variety of prices and read the reviews to get the perfect seller.

Esteemed Contributor

Avoid Lexmark. Their printers will not allow you to scan when you're out of ink.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Great question---I am learning a lot!

Super Contributor
Great help. I learned much from what you shared. Thank you for taking the time. It is appreciated.
Super Contributor

I have always had good luck with HP printers.

Honored Contributor
On 9/14/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Avoid Lexmark. Their printers will not allow you to scan when you're out of ink.

That's ridiculous! I think most people don't print the things they scan, so that's just so unnecessary. Thanks for the warning.

Respected Contributor

Most recently I have bought HP printers. Although, I am definitely not an expert and just bought this brand because of the price. So far, I haven't had any problems but do realize that some printers use more ink than others and will result with spending a lot more money in the long run.

Super Contributor

We have HP! I don't know the model number or anything but we have two printers and they are both HP. Never a problem with them.

We have had Lexmark and I will never buy another Lexmark. Not a great product IMO.