Esteemed Contributor

Re: o/t Teresa Giudice's 2015 Resolution!!!!!

I feel sorry that she will be away from her children. I was always told, if you do the crime you will do the time.
Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 tigriss said:

Don't be surprised if she gets out early, probably less than 90 days. She is going to a federal prison, not a state prison. Federal prisons have a great deal more amenities than state prisons. The one Bernie Madeoff is in has an Indian sweat lodge, religious reasons of course, and several other things people in state prisons and even in the free world don't get access to.

Read the book "Orange Is The New Black." Grimy moldy bathrooms with limited hot water and bugs, krap food, being issued old, worn clothing (sometimes dirty underwear that you have to wash yourself) abusive prison personnel, no privacy, punishment for slightest infractions...among many other things. If you think these are amenities......I'm not sympathizing with Teresa, but I wouldn't consider federal.prison to have "amenities"... At least not where she's going.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/4/2015 mstraditional said:

let he or she who is without sin cast the first stone. sometimes those who take delight in others' misfortunes are precisely those that need to work on their own deficiencies.

Filing false loan and bankruptcy documents in violation of federal law are crimes of which I have never, ever been guilty. Your sympathy for her is severely misplaced; she is undeserving of compassion.

Respected Contributor

I.just read an.online article from.the NY Daily News that Teresa told her two.youngest daughters that she's going to.jail.in order to.write a book.about jail...in other words...research. In one way, that will be true...I'm sure she'll write a book about her experience! But what will she tell them when Joe goes?
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Johnnyeager said:
On 1/4/2015 mstraditional said:

let he or she who is without sin cast the first stone. sometimes those who take delight in others' misfortunes are precisely those that need to work on their own deficiencies.

Filing false loan and bankruptcy documents in violation of federal law are crimes of which I have never, ever been guilty. Your sympathy for her is severely misplaced; she is undeserving of compassion.

I agree. I don't deliberately hate her or wish her ill will, but I don't feel sorry for her either. I think.she knew what she was doing. At the very least, she didn't comply with the court requests prior to the sentencing, which probably played a large part in her getting prison time instead of probation.
Respected Contributor

On 12/31/2014 pommom said:

I have the sick feeling that Tre will come out smelling like a rose and landing on her feet with a book, interviews, media attention, etc., etc., after she comes out. Much like Martha Stewart.

It'll be interesting to see what Bravo does with her.

Martha Stewart, not to contradict you too much, did not come out smelling like a rose. Her empire was severely damaged and her company is hanging by threads. The gloss was off --homemakers did not relate to someone who went to prison. She never had the huge celebrity thereafter--Rachel Ray more or less took her spot as home diva while she was out of circulation.

However, since Teresa Guidice doesn't produce anything but reality show drama, a post-prison show probably would garner some viewers. But I have a feeling that her stint there won't help her with the public. Nor should it. There should be some things (messing up so bad you have to go to jail) that tarnish you as a public figure. One would hope.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Campion said:
On 12/31/2014 pommom said:

I have the sick feeling that Tre will come out smelling like a rose and landing on her feet with a book, interviews, media attention, etc., etc., after she comes out. Much like Martha Stewart.

It'll be interesting to see what Bravo does with her.

Martha Stewart, not to contradict you too much, did not come out smelling like a rose. Her empire was severely damaged and her company is hanging by threads. The gloss was off --homemakers did not relate to someone who went to prison. She never had the huge celebrity thereafter--Rachel Ray more or less took her spot as home diva while she was out of circulation.

However, since Teresa Guidice doesn't produce anything but reality show drama, a post-prison show probably would garner some viewers. But I have a feeling that her stint there won't help her with the public. Nor should it. There should be some things (messing up so bad you have to go to jail) that tarnish you as a public figure. One would hope.

Martha had a television show on Hallmark for many years after she was released, and now she is on PBS, so she seems to be doing well in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I read this several days ago. She'll eat what the jail gives her.

Trusted Contributor

According to todays Bergen Record she will be not be in a cell with bars. Where she is going it is more like a dorm.

Jamma

Super Contributor

Theresa has to serve 85 percent of her sentence, so she will serve at least a year. No way around it.

My heart does go out to her children, and I hope she and Joe learn from this. I can't kick her anymore when she is already down, but I also think she knew exactly what was going on, and made Joe the fall guy.