Super Contributor

o.k......i finally get it......finally!

hi guys!

so here is a true story about why not everything is for every one.

here goes:

thanks to the dead bottle post i have been trying to concentrate and finish up many odds and ends i have lying around.

one such odd or end, was the cinnamon buns lotion from either 2-3 Christmases ago.

now as some of you may remember, the cinnamon buns lotion had a sort of a gold sparkle to it. more of a 'frost' really like the frosty lipsticks from the 70's.

when the complaints came up about this , i had my own little smug{#emotions_dlg.blush} reaction, where i thought, "whats the big deal about sparkly" "i love sparkely, so what ? everyone is so uptight!".

so back to the present day.....the other night i am trying to use up my cinnamon buns lotion, so i can put it on the dead bottle page. i have slathered it on my body and probably 3x's on my hands as they were dry anyway.

just before bed, waiting for dd to brush her teeth, and i am out here typing on a post with only the computer light shining on my hands.

dd comes out from the bathroom and says, "MOTHER! (she only calls me mother when she is excited, or i am in trouble, lol)...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR HANDS??? THEY LOOK TERRIBLE. LIKE YOU ARE 100 YEARS OLD, NO ...OLDER, LIKE 172--AT LEAST!!!"{#emotions_dlg.scared}

i looked down and in the cool computer light, my hands looked like something out of a horror movie. like a cross between the wicked witch of the west, the mummy, and the tinman, and some sort of lizard creature. ICK!!! it was the 'frost' from the lotion accuentuating ever crack, cut, wrinkle vein and crannie. SO HORRIBLE LOOKING.

i had to laugh and tell her it was just mommies lotion, and at first i thought it was funny, but, the more i started thinking about it i was a little upset inside. and i vowed no more frosty lotion on my hands at night--ever if i am going to be in public.

the thing about the lotion, is the gold sheen looks really pretty good on my bare legs and arms (less wrinkles), but who wants to smell like cinnamon buns during shorts season. so it is sort of a conundrum. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

anyhoo, i will never , EVER, not understand why some gals dont want sparkle ever again. I GET IT! I GOT IT!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

WITH HUMILITY,

belleandme