Honored Contributor

Re: o.k. My Hair is Starting To Look Too Greasy! What Happened?

I would go back to what you were using (and happy with) prior to the seasonals. I love their scents and do blend them in, but for cleansing I stick primarily to TT & BGT.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I'm new to Wen & only have 1 seasonal the new WWC. I find it works better for me if I only use it for 1 cleanse instead of both. Maybe cleanse with it 1st & use another one for your 2nd cleanse. I think it's more moisturizing then I need. My hair seems to do better using 2 different CC's. My hair also does better using different CC's every other day when I cleanse.

Frequent Contributor

Personally, I find the FAS and FGP to be too much, and they make my hair greasy and flat. I tried to cut back on the pumps, but instead I ended up with frizz. Thankfully they work perfectly for my significant other so he uses them on his short but thick hair. I alternate between a core (BGT, though I guess it's not technically core) and seasonal (WCM or WVM). I find this works well. I too occasionally shampoo, once or twice a week. Really I think it comes downs to finding a formula that works for you.

Contributor

On 1/9/2015 lilmoomoo said:

Personally, I find the FAS and FGP to be too much, and they make my hair greasy and flat. I tried to cut back on the pumps, but instead I ended up with frizz. Thankfully they work perfectly for my significant other so he uses them on his short but thick hair. I alternate between a core (BGT, though I guess it's not technically core) and seasonal (WCM or WVM). I find this works well. I too occasionally shampoo, once or twice a week. Really I think it comes downs to finding a formula that works for you.

Thanks for everyone's input! Glad to know it's not just me. I am going to order Sweet almond mint as that is where I started and it seemed perfect. Don't know what I will do with these seasonal ones that don't work well for me at all. I like long, thick, bouncy curls and these seasonals flatten my hair too much. (And I am going to have to look up the acronym meanings for FGP, FAS, etc.) :-)

Occasional Contributor

I have medium length hair and VERY thick. I usually take baths but when I wash my hair with WEN, I make sure I shower to make sure I rinse VERY WELL! The shower head helps a lot because I find if I don't, my hair looks very greasy as well!

Honored Contributor

Since seasonals are soy...and my hair much prefers wheat...I can only use them as an add in to my second cleanse...really just to get the yummy scents they have!

All soy formulas make my hair heavier and a tad greasier/oilier.

I start w/ Tea Tree (wheat) for the first wash...and then mix it up on the second. I mix a good shot of the seasonal and either Fig, TT, Sweet Almond...or another original wheat based.

That way I am not wasting them and get to smell them!!

You can always use them as shave cream, body cleanser etc.

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 RespectLife said:

Since seasonals are soy...and my hair much prefers wheat...I can only use them as an add in to my second cleanse...really just to get the yummy scents they have!

All soy formulas make my hair heavier and a tad greasier/oilier.

I start w/ Tea Tree (wheat) for the first wash...and then mix it up on the second. I mix a good shot of the seasonal and either Fig, TT, Sweet Almond...or another original wheat based.

That way I am not wasting them and get to smell them!!

You can always use them as shave cream, body cleanser etc.

I agree with RespectLife about the seasonals. You should try using them as part of your 2nd cleanse. I love the seasonals and use them everytime that I cleanse mixed with a core formula but everybody has different results.

Honored Contributor

Bite the bullet and give your hair a wash with shampoo...use WEN as the conditioner...voila - perfect hair again (at least that is how it works for me. I do this every month or so).

Your hair won't fall out - your color won't fade...you won't develop split ends.

You will be clarifying yur hair and most importantly, your scalp from the build up of WEN products.

Don't believe me?

Just look at Chaz' hair. It always looks greasy.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is getting greasy too after all these years of Wenning, something has happened .Either it is my ageing hair or the Wen,I do not know.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 MalteseMomma said:

Mine is getting greasy too after all these years of Wenning, something has happened .Either it is my ageing hair or the Wen,I do not know.

My stylist owns an Aveda salon but is cool about WEN and thinks my hair is in fantastic condition.

She told me though, that she can "smell" the scalps of women who use WEN exclusively. There is a build up...not really stinky, but not pleasant either - kind of "musky". I scraped my scalp and she was right!

She also said that she has used conditioner only on many clients who are getting washed out after coloring...she said that cleansing conditioners have been around since she started in the 70s.

Now that I clarify with shampoo when necessary - usually every month - more in the summer - I don't get the "greasies" any more.