Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I have a few friends with the rich skin tones and they really don't wear much color cosmetics and are very beautiful without it...sorry but that is my opinion and not meant to hurt any feelings.I am just wishing that I could go out without all that slapped on and not look washed out.

There are people of various skin tones who are fortunate to have good enough skin both in tone and lack of anything they need to cover. It has nothing whasoever to do with race or ethnicity.

And I'm still not understanding your view that foundation adds color. I guess I've always searched for the perfect match to my skin. Color comes into play with bronzer and/or blush products.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I wasn't even sure what the subject meant until I started reading.  I hought this was about batteries (like double A batteries), I guess it could also be Alcoholics Anonymous.  Then I had to think what the heck WOC stood for.  So does this make me a W, or maybe a C?  Honestly, I think sometimes we can go too far with this.

I am surprised that you've never encountered the acronyms used here. They're really quite common.

Since we are an acronym-loving society, I don't see why either AA or WOC is going too far.

I agree with you, RedConvertibleGirl. Just because some people know the acronym doesn't mean that everyone knows. I missed the post about what a WOC means, and had to read a bit to find out AA (not what I originally thought). These are not common acronyms. Spelling out words is sometimes very helpful.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 I use bronzer as foundation to add color and then follow with blush.I always thought the ultimate goal was the makeup optional skin so I feel that would be a compliment if that were said to me.I am surprised that some are upset that I think they are lucky enough to not need cosmetics but I apologize...never want to make people feel bad.

Valued Contributor

Closing this conversation down and forwarding the feedback.