Regular Contributor

I think they should have a model for each skin tone,light skin AA and dark skin AA. The model Stacey looks great but what about the model Aday ( I think that's her name). sorry if that's wrong,the beautiful dark skin model.

Valued Contributor

There was AA model last night and one today. The one today isn't modeling the TSV but does have it on.

Trusted Contributor

Laura Geller used Alicia to demonstrate her Deep foundation.  Alicia is a fair AA model.  The makeup made her look deathly ashy.  There is no choice for Women of Color despite the myriad of request to include them.   Adai is never used for color cosmetic demonstrations.  Jane is never shown in any of the very few products she is asked to sell.  And, you will see the most venomous responses from forum members who have little insight, no empathy!

New Contributor

I agree with you! I've called and tried to chat about this with customer service, they say that they will make them aware. I've also asked the same question about Jane,which I'm closest to her complexion. I have to say that Eve Pearl is the best for us AA women, some of Mally's products work also. Hope this was helpful.

Frequent Contributor

These are good points. 

I am a fan of LG and have purchased her products and the kits in the past.  I was prepared to love this kit until I saw it modeled on the WOC models.  The finish is way too shiny and the blush is too light for their complexions.  Not very flattering. 

Regular Contributor

I haven't brought makeup from qvc in yrs because of this,some company don't even try. I just put it out there so they know you are losing a certain demographic of customers.  I don't think they care,but just a thought

Respected Contributor

I wasn't even sure what the subject meant until I started reading.  I hought this was about batteries (like double A batteries), I guess it could also be Alcoholics Anonymous.  Then I had to think what the heck WOC stood for.  So does this make me a W, or maybe a C?  Honestly, I think sometimes we can go too far with this.

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I wasn't even sure what the subject meant until I started reading.  I hought this was about batteries (like double A batteries), I guess it could also be Alcoholics Anonymous.  Then I had to think what the heck WOC stood for.  So does this make me a W, or maybe a C?  Honestly, I think sometimes we can go too far with this.

I am surprised that you've never encountered the acronyms used here. They're really quite common.

Since we are an acronym-loving society, I don't see why either AA or WOC is going too far.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ms baby wrote:

I agree with you! I've called and tried to chat about this with customer service, they say that they will make them aware. I've also asked the same question about Jane,which I'm closest to her complexion. I have to say that Eve Pearl is the best for us AA women, some of Mally's products work also. Hope this was helpful.

Laura Geller has a chat today where you can make your concerns heard in the forum Today's Special Value. From what I have seen of Laura over the years on air, she will definitely try and listen and take your concerns to heart.

I hope that everyone can be represented on QVC when they sell us cosmetics. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Many of the QVC models don't work exclusively or full time for QVC and have other assignments,  I've even seen a couple of them in TV commercials.  And isn't one of the models (Amy?) a nurse in her private life?  Perhaps they can't always schedule the models they want on any given day.  I wouldn't read anything more into it.  But aside from that, I think it's difficult to buy foundation when you're not at the makeup counter and you want to try something new regardless of your skin tone.  I've had to return foundations that turned out not to be good matches for me.