Esteemed Contributor

Re: new user starter questions

Just my opinion, but I don't find Wen to be expensive.

Prior to Wen, Pantene Curly was my staple: shampoo, rinse out and leave-in conditioner, moisture deep conditioner, protein deep conditioner and gel or mousse. At an average of $6 per product, that came to $30.

Wen Fig offers the same benefits as all of the Pantene Curly products, just in one bottle.

The 613, Re Moist, oils, etc. can get pricey, but they are icing on the cake.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I would recommend starting with the discovery kit. You can try all 6 formulas and find what you like.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 1/7/2014 WenGirl42 said: ... I would say the majority of people can get by with just the CC, and the only other product I might recommend is the Styling Creme (SC). I don't use it or need it, but a lot of people do, as a heat protectant and to smooth the hair and add shine.

Chaz makes a really big deal of this, but almost every styling product is a heat protectant. Dimethicone is a heat protectant and is in most styling products. If it's not, another silicone probably is and that also acts as a heat protectant. Since I try to avoid most silicones, I can tell you that it's very difficult to find a good styling product without them.

Even the WEN glossing serum alone is full of silicones and using it means you don't need the styling cream if you're only using it for heat protection.

You can read more about silicones and heat protection here: http://confessionsofablogvixen.com/2011/07/how-to-prevent-heat-damage-when-flat-ironing-natural-hai...

Chynna, I'm the exact opposite: I will not use a product if it is silicone free. If I bought something without silicones, I would add a few drops of my favorite silicone serum.

Silicones are synthetic oils and they pick up where natural oils leave off. They offer heat protection as you said, outstanding moisture retention, frizz elimination, shine, and for curly hair, they prevent single strand knots.

Respected Contributor

I think that you should look at the basic list of CCs and determine which matches your hair type. Perhaps if you give us some information about your hair, we may be able to assist you. There are sets of 3 CCs that may fit your hair type better and may be more cost effective.

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2014 Hilary77 said: I would recommend starting with the discovery kit. You can try all 6 formulas and find what you like.
Hilary is right, best to explore the discovery kit. My hair is baby fine and Lavender is for fine hair, but my hair does not like it, it was dying, the Fig and Tea tree work best. I learned what my hair liked by trying the different formulas.
Occasional Contributor

I started with A210240, which is not currently available, however A219409 is similar. I recommend these, as although a bit pricier, you get the variety of basic flavors/formulas to try and “play” with. I don’t think I was happy the very first cleanse however pretty quickly I was a fan. Do not give up after one cleanse-that just is not fair to the product or yourself. First I did try the “universals”, however they are not my favorites, but interestingly they are the “go to’s” for my DD. I typically mix and match for my best results; I seldom cleanse more than once, use considerably less than is recommended and use my fingers, not the comb… Once you get a feel for what you like and don’t like be sure to try the seasonal’s. Your mileage may vary… Have fun and best of luck!

Occasional Contributor

On 1/7/2014 DogLvr said:

I think that you should look at the basic list of CCs and determine which matches your hair type. Perhaps if you give us some information about your hair, we may be able to assist you. There are sets of 3 CCs that may fit your hair type better and may be more cost effective.

I had middle of the back length hair. not oily not dry just normal. its brown and I put highlights in there. I am 40 years old and my hair is pretty lifeless unless I curl it. Recently I have been wearing the cascading spiral curls. But i want more VaVoom!!!! plus I have 2 litle girls who have gorgeous hair (Dad's side) and want them to learn to take care of it at an early age.

Right now I use Bed Head shampoo and conditioner, a serum before drying or a curling mousse (which ususally makes my hair crunchy.)

So will WEN's CC take the place of all products? I appreciate all the responses. Yall are geat

Esteemed Contributor

My hair is tightly curled and dry dry dry. Wen Fig is ideal for my hair because it replaces my shampoo, rinse out conditioner, detangler, moisture deep conditioner, leave-in and sealer (serum). The only product I use outside of Wen is Pantene Curly mousse, and I don't always use that. I had a huge arsenal of different hair products that I gave to my niece.

I found Wen Fig after trying Sweet Almond Mint and Pomegranate.

In addition to Wen Fig, I use Wen 613 for protein and Wen ReMoist for even more moisture.

I recently got Wen Tea Tree and Wen Lavender to try.

Wen is so much fun to experiment with, but you will need to experiment to find what works for you.